X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiat Chrysler Recall on Dodge truck included some "older Jeeps"

The article I was reading:

http://www.wsbtv.com/ap/ap/business/...300000-/nm7cZ/

mentions that some older Jeeps are recalled (though I don't remember seeing anything regarding which ones and what years), here is an excerpt from the article:

"The older Jeeps have fuel tanks located behind the rear axle, with little to shield them in a rear crash. They can rupture and spill gasoline, causing a fire. At least 75 people have died in crash-related fires, although Fiat Chrysler maintains they are as safe as comparable vehicles from the same era."

Hopefully someone can find some additional information regarding the Jeep recall, if I do I will post additional information.

Though I am not sure if this website is kept up to date but you can check on recalls by your VIN using this site:

https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/

I believe they were XJ's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This one doesn't cover my Jeep or my truck, but the truck is part of the big airbag recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Rollin Slow View Post
        I believe they were XJ's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        ZJs.

I believe, thinking back to the original recall, if you take in your ZJ you will get a free gas tank skid installed. But now they've added it back to the buy-back program. Don't get excited, you'll get a little over trade-in value toward a new vehicle, and ZJ's are dirt cheap right now.

What else do you want to know? I've been reading more about this than I really wanted to for some reason.

Comment

Skid plate?
          Last I heard it was a receiver hitch.
          Skid would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by mmmmbeer View Post
            Skid plate?
            Last I heard it was a receiver hitch.
            Could be, they are probably more readily available. If I had a ZJ, I'd probably complain enough that I'd get a skid. :)

Comment

I've had them do an inspection on steering components involved with one recall, no parts replaced. Also had a passenger side airbag and driver side airbag recall in my truck. Too bad it's not apart of the buy back.

Comment

The tie rod on the truck has been replaced twice on their dime.
                The latest one is massive.

Comment

Working...
                X