Heated Mirror Recall 2011-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heated Mirror Recall 2011-2013

Anyone else get a recall about the heated mirrors being recalled for causing door fires? Supposedly water has been able to get into the connectors inside the door and then rusting causing it to get so hot that the door has caught on fire. If you got one don't bother going into the dealer right now as they have no stock on this at all. All they are doing is pulling the fuse out to disable to mirror until the parts come in. Once they get them in the dealership will send out another message saying to come and schedule your appointment to get it fixed. I was told that they may not get them in until May of next year!
    2011 JKU Rubicon 37's 3.5" Rubicon Express

Yes

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup, got mine the other day. I'll get to it eventually. Still have a trans leak that the dealer failed to find last time I was in, even though I told them about it.

Comment

Yep.
        97’ TJ on 37’s with 4 Angry Squirrels
        2020 F250 Powerstroke Tow Pig

Comment

Me three. You do need to contact your dealer to get on the wait list. As they come in they call in order.
          2015 JKUR Red
          2013 JKUR Black SOLD
          2005 LJR Red SOLD
          2004 TJ Silver SOLD
          1993 YJ White SOLD

Comment

I received mine yesterday and contacted Clay Cooley next door to my school. They were unaware and were going to look into it. I'm sure I'll find out more since I seem to be over there all the time. Just had to replace my radiator on my 2012!!! Heater core at 11000 and now radiator at 40000

Comment

Got my recall notice too.

LSJC Trail Leader - LSJC Moderator
              2013 JKU Rubicon w/Antirocks, Front Artec Truss & Gusseted, Full Rock Hard Skids, RK 3.5" Max Travel, 37" Nittos, Beadlocks, PS Front Stinger, 10K Winch, LoD Rock Sliders, LoD Shorty Rear w/Tire Carrier
              2018 White JLU Sahara, leather, 2" lift, 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Comment

Working...
              X