Onboard Diagnostic (OBD) - Wranglers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onboard Diagnostic (OBD) - Wranglers

Anybody else get a letter about changing the warranty from 3yrs to Lifetime coverage for the Onboard Diagnostic (OBD) monitor. Says it applies to selected models 2005-2006 Wranglers.
    Can post a copy of letter if needed.

I got it too.

Comment

Me too - never had an issue with mine

Comment

I also got it!

Sent 🇺🇸

Comment

Me too and I hope that fixes my o2 codes that keep popping up

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

I did not get it. Please post a copy of the letter. Thanks.

Comment

I got it too. So far I have not had any issues. Nice to know it is a lifetime warrently now.

Comment

please remove this post

Would one of the mods please remove this post? .. Made tow post by mistake ,, the other post has the link that connects to the recall letter .. Thanks Bobby

Comment

I received the letter also ,,, "Shaggnastie' has been having this problem now for about 4 months. I have driven it about 120 miles since I reset with the battery and only 1 of the 2 sensor is resetting. SO I will be making a trip to the Jeep dealership to have this fixed. The letter states that the 2005-06 Wrangler's OBD monitors has been extended from the 3yr/36000 mile warranty to a lifetime warranty now.....

I made a copy of the "OBD Recall Letter" into a PDF file. I have deleted all my info on the form so that you guys can use it if you need to. I do not know how to post a PDF file on here. I will link it to our website www.BobKatMetalCreations.com at this link. I will do that ... but it you want to have a copy send me your email and I will send it to you .....

[email protected]
                  later Bobby

PS:: Has anyone had this done and if so ,,,, How much time did it take?

later B

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggnastie View Post
                    I received the letter also ,,, "Shaggnastie' has been having this problem now for about 4 months. I have driven it about 120 miles since I reset with the battery and only 1 of the 2 sensor is resetting. SO I will be making a trip to the Jeep dealership to have this fixed. The letter states that the 2005-06 Wrangler's OBD monitors has been extended from the 3yr/36000 mile warranty to a lifetime warranty now.....

I made a copy of the "OBD Recall Letter" into a PDF file. I have deleted all my info on the form so that you guys can use it if you need to. I do not know how to post a PDF file on here. I will link it to our website www.BobKatMetalCreations.com at this link. I will do that ... but it you want to have a copy send me your email and I will send it to you .....

[email protected]
                    later Bobby

PS:: Has anyone had this done and if so ,,,, How much time did it take?

later B

Did you take this in? Its time for me to get my inspection and have the letter and the issue....

dean

Comment

Originally posted by dacjeep View Post
                      Did you take this in? Its time for me to get my inspection and have the letter and the issue....

dean
                      Yes I did take it in ,,,, What it is, Is that they have to feed a little more voltage to it. I did have it done and it did fix my issue. It just took them a couple of hours since I was their first jeep they had done. The jeep will still kick a Small evap leak code if you over fill or don't put the cap on good ..... But second sensor kicked on after I drove it a few(50 or so) miles ... so if you are having this issue , it should fix it. The problem this fixes ----The dash light does not come on and it show that ONLY one sensor of the two has reset when the inspection guys hooks up. For the jeep to pass inspection 2 out of the 3 have to pass(or be set) .... so for most people will not even know they have this issue uuntil the inspection station tells them that it does not have the 2 out-of 3 set.

good luck .....

the repair is only a one wire addition in the wiring harness i believe

Comment

Thank you for the update. I do have this issue

Comment

Update for my jeep codes.... I took mine in and the warranty didn't cover the codes that I was tossing up. Bummer for me... After a year of messing with this and replacing down stream O2 sensors, and other trickery, I had to bite the bullet and purchase all three cats. installing those today, along with 2 new up stream O2 sensors. I will have 900.00 into this. Unfortunately for me my jeep was a California built specifications and according to the professionals, I either got "I don't knows" or that I just have to buy the correct system to match the computer for the California built jeep. When asked about changing the computer that was a no no since it is a FED regulation... Oh well it is what it is... I just have to postpone my lockers for another few months.... errrrrrr

Comment

All fixed..... about 900.00 later.... 3 new cats and 2 new sensors

Comment

Working...
                            X