• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry to hear this.. get well soon

Comment

• Best of luck!

Comment

• Sorry to hear, hope ya can try again when your able.
        2000 TJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas 4.3, 06 Super Duty Diffs, D60/Sterling, ARBs, 5.38, 40” stickies, Weld on beadlocks, PSC full hydro steering, Vanco hydroboost, 16” King coilovers & King bumps, a radio that makes noise & a working Winch.

Comment

• I come bearing good news.
          After 4-5-ish months of physical therapy & working with my orthopedist I was cleared for police-work last month. I put in an application with several local agencies (Lubbock Sheriff's Office, Lubbock Police Dpt, Texas Tech Univ. Police, and Lubbock Airport Police). The Airport Police Dpt processed me the fastest, and offered me a position first. I start Monday 11/13.

My Jeep & the engine/x-fer case/transmission rebuild kit have been sitting at my mechanics shop (with his blessing) waiting for me to call and tell him to start work (once I got a job). I'm going to be making the phone call Monday. If all goes well I should be driving my Jeep in 10-13-ish weeks.

Comment

• Glad your recovery went well and glad you found work.
            Also glad to be able to follow this build again! :)

Comment

• Good to hear on your recovery!

Comment

• congratz!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick1701 View Post
                  I come bearing good news.
                  After 4-5-ish months of physical therapy & working with my orthopedist I was cleared for police-work last month. I put in an application with several local agencies (Lubbock Sheriff's Office, Lubbock Police Dpt, Texas Tech Univ. Police, and Lubbock Airport Police). The Airport Police Dpt processed me the fastest, and offered me a position first. I start Monday 11/13.

My Jeep & the engine/x-fer case/transmission rebuild kit have been sitting at my mechanics shop (with his blessing) waiting for me to call and tell him to start work (once I got a job). I'm going to be making the phone call Monday. If all goes well I should be driving my Jeep in 10-13-ish weeks.
                  Congrats and you probably made a good choice in departments. We hired a new Sgt from Lubbock PD, he had been there 14 years and was ready to get out due to issues with command.

Comment

• Cool
                    2000 TJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas 4.3, 06 Super Duty Diffs, D60/Sterling, ARBs, 5.38, 40” stickies, Weld on beadlocks, PSC full hydro steering, Vanco hydroboost, 16” King coilovers & King bumps, a radio that makes noise & a working Winch.

Comment

• I hit another (albeit minor) setback with the Jeep. It turns out that in the last few months while my jeep was at the mechanic (for the engine rebuild) it has not been touched by the mechanic...not one bit. So today I drove the 2hr back to his shop, picked up the jeep, and brought it down to where I live now (lubbock). It fits perfectly in my storage unit/shop with my M35A2.

At this point I'm torn on what to do next. On one hand I want to drive/enjoy my Jeep. On the other, it needs an engine rebuild. One option I am looking at is splitting the difference and do a temporary "quickie" rebuild (and I use that term lightly) by hitting it w/a dingle-ball hone, replacing the piston rings, and (if there isn't anything else that can wait until the "real" rebuild) drive & enjoy my Jeep while saving money for a "real" rebuild...and then paying a shop to do the "real" rebuild in the future (bearings, machine shop work, etc). thoughts?

I'm also planning on going through the x-fer case & transmission....but all in good time.

Originally posted by kingjason View Post

Congrats and you probably made a good choice in departments. We hired a new Sgt from Lubbock PD, he had been there 14 years and was ready to get out due to issues with command.
                      thanks for the info. I have heard a few horror stories about neighboring departments and I don't blame y'alls new guy for wanting to head out.

Comment

• bringing back a zombie thread here. Yesterday the jeep left my house on a tow truck. It's been towed to a local shop for a full engine rebuild. So hopefully it'll be back on the road in a few weeks.

Comment

• Fingers crossed all goes well with the rebuild.
                          2004 Jeep TJ - Legacy

Comment

Working...
                          X