replaced clutch/pressure plate/throw out bearing
    added SYE and Tom Woods drive shaft
    removed transfer case drop
    added transfer case shifter bracket

UPS is bringing .......

drumroll please......

Rustys LongArm Upgrade and Skidplate with
    Bilstein 5150s !

depending on delivery it should be rolling again next weekend July 12th.

still need lockers. i'm running 35's on a D44/D30. 4wheel parts has a sale on the detroit ez locker for $199 each. anyone running lunchbox lockers on 35's?

Originally posted by 1BadTJ View Post
    fixing up the TJ -

replaced dented oil pan
    added 1" motor mounts
    replaced broken bellhousing
    replaced clutch/pressure plate/throw out bearing
    added SYE and Tom Woods drive shaft
    removed transfer case drop
    added transfer case shifter bracket

UPS is bringing .......

drumroll please......

Rustys LongArm Upgrade and Skidplate with
    Bilstein 5150s !

depending on delivery it should be rolling again next weekend July 12th.

still need lockers. i'm running 35's on a D44/D30. 4wheel parts has a sale on the detroit ez locker for $199 each. anyone running lunchbox lockers on 35's?

Come stretch it out with us at Boulder Creek on the 19th

Comment

4wheel parts has a sale on the detroit ez locker for $199 each. anyone running lunchbox lockers on 35's?
      Based on bad comments here and on just about every other forum I've seen, the EZ Locker is not a good lunchbox option. I'd blow the extra few bucks and run a lockrite or aussie.

Comment

anyone running lunchbox lockers on 35's?
        RAWRR will be running 35's with a LockRite D30 front, and

SIK XJ is already running a LockRite D30 on 35's.
        Rob Anderson
        JKU HardRock (Black Widow II)
        *Honorary Member

Comment

I Run A Lunchbox On 36's. No Problems To Date

Comment

DO NOT run the Ez locker or the Genuine Gear Quick Lock. They have a single spring pushing against the pins and slip real bad on anything above 33's. The Loc-Rite has a spring inside a spring so you get 100% positive engagement!

Comment

You got to be light on the skinny petal if you lock a D30 on 36's..
              1998 Jeep Cherokee,183K 4.0,D30 Aussie locked,Chry 8.25,4.88 gears,AJ's OffRoad Armor Super Suckrails,C4x4 Winch Bumper with Warn XD9000I , 6.5" RE lift., TNT longarms 33x12.50x15 Mud Rovers , If it moves and shouldn't, use Duct Tape & Zip Ties... If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40 & aHammer SOLD!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Yea, you need lockers. Wheeling with you qualifies as a "dirty job" with all the dust you kick up.

Originally posted by stealthtj View Post
                DO NOT run the Ez locker or the Genuine Gear Quick Lock. They have a single spring pushing against the pins and slip real bad on anything above 33's. The Loc-Rite has a spring inside a spring so you get 100% positive engagement!
                Sounds like a good reason to stay away from the Lock Right too.
                Last edited by Chris; 07-03-2008, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dajeepman View Post
                  I disagree.

Comment

anyone running lunchbox lockers on 35's?
                    I ran a lockrite in the front when i had my D30, ran it on 35's for a while and then 37's:thinking:

Comment

i guess thats why the ez-locker has been on sale for the past 6 weeks at 4wp.

hopefully with the lockers i wont have to stir up too much dust. ahhh, who am i trying to kid, wheel spin is fun!

Comment

well, its all put back together. one problem, i'm stuck in 4hi. i cant move the t-case manually, seems i screwed something up on the SYE, so i gotta take it apart, again. it been suggested that i put the larger ring gears on backwards.

i did drive it down the street nad turned araoun in the cul de sac. my first time at replacing a clutch or trans and the clutched worked fine, for about 200 feet anyway.

once i get the TC fixed i can put some miles on it to dial in the suspension and then its off to bridgeport to break somethin!

Comment

Good luck getting it worked out. See you in B-port

Comment

X2 on what Rudy99 says....don't do the EZ locker, spend a little extra dough and go with an Aussie or Lock-Rite($275 - $300 for a Lock-Rite)

Comment

Originally Posted by dajeepman

Originally posted by JVilla112 View Post
                              I disagree.
                              Sorry Andrew...
                              I also disagree

Comment

Working...
                              X