Smittybilt SRC Gen2 Front Bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smittybilt SRC Gen2 Front Bumper

Is anyone running of these? Like / Dont Like?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Bumpers-T..._pn=S%2FB76724

I don't run that bumper but just wanted to share that I prefer a stubby type front bumper for the main reason that the bumper isn't in front of my tire when I approach a big rock and doesn't hinder my climbing ability. Although having that protection while driving in traffic is a good thing.
    Jeff Brint
    LSJC Trail Leader - LSJC Moderator
    2013 JKU Rubicon w/Antirocks, Front Artec Truss & Gusseted, Full Rock Hard Skids, RK 3.5" Max Travel, 37" Nittos, Beadlocks, PS Front Stinger, 10K Winch, LoD Rock Sliders, LoD Shorty Rear w/Tire Carrier
    2018 White JLU Sahara, leather, 2" lift, 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Comment

I have front and back bumpers and like them. Back bumper install was a pain. I'm not real happy with the spare tire rack for the bumper, it is putting pressure on the tailgate and gate is now making noise. I haven't wired up the back bumper leds yet.

Comment

I'm about to pit one if the wife's new jeep. I have the gen 1 rear.

Comment

Installing a Gen 2 this weekend on JT Texas Trail. Keeping the existing fog lights and also installing the Badlands Apex 12k winch.

Comment

I have the Smittybilt Gen2 Front and rear bumper for my JLUR. It’s been beat on quite a bit and no issues. Some of the TPU pads are pretty beat up too. Had the. On my JT for a bit before getting rid of it to go back to a JL. Photos attached.
            7B9D2EA2-4693-4A92-8586-38CCF02DF5EB.jpeg 7B9D2EA2-4693-4A92-8586-38CCF02DF5EB.jpeg 8A76B62D-8C2A-4C6A-953D-5E67C1E3649D.jpeg 8A76B62D-8C2A-4C6A-953D-5E67C1E3649D.jpeg
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Stella; 06-03-2021, 01:21 PM.

Comment

I feel like a stubby bumper is great if everything you do is perfect and deliberate. The wings on mine saved me from crushing in my grill when I slid into a rock. They angle up high enough that they could only stop me from trying to climb huge rocks.

Comment

Working...
              X