Smittybilt SRC Cage in the TJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smittybilt SRC Cage in the TJ

I just wanted a little extra up front in case I flop over one day or some idiot pulls out in front of me on the highway. I have looked at all of this stuff before and went weld in PS last time. Well I didn't feel like messing with all that either. As I was perusing I came across this one again. I think it is the 2.0 version or something and has seven pieces including 3 rear bars. Plus I caught a deal at 550 to the door. I think the guy priced them wrong because the next day they were back at 617.00. I know on the first version people were skeptical but I think they have made some upgrades. Also if you look at the Amazon reviews, some guys have taken a good tumble and it has held up. Well, we shall see how this goes.

Good evening Fed EX. 186lbs.

Nice box!
    2000 TJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas 4.3, 06 Super Duty Diffs, D60/Sterling, ARBs, 5.38, 40” stickies, Weld on beadlocks, PSC full hydro steering, Vanco hydroboost, 16” King coilovers & King bumps, a radio that makes noise & a working Winch.

Comment

Brave man.

Comment

Originally posted by mmmmbeer View Post
        Brave man.
        Nah, Jeep has made it 18 years with out "any" support up there. A little added insurance never hurt.

Read the first review.

Comment

Fair enough.
          Update after install.

Comment

7 hours. The worst part was who ever put the clips that hold the dash on at the door pillars was an idiot. Three out of six were snapped in between the seam and the hole. So when popped in they dropped a front thing in off the clip that would not come out. Lots of hammering and stuff. I had to break them to get them out. The other three popped right out like they are supposed to. I had to come in and cook some Tacos I was running out of steam. Had to squeeze front and rear with straps to get bars to line up. It even suggested that in the instructions. Just slapping it all back in together now and tweaking things. I mean I just bought the speakers in the speaker bar. I am going to attempt to modify it in a minute. If not I will order pods out of a 06. Cheap enough but I think mine will work. Ryobi impact gun helped tighten it all up after I got it in. Very important to leave everything loose until the last bar is in. Oh and cmon Smitty, the bolts at the door jambs could have been 5mm longer to get them started. Oh and I like how the instructions say you "may" have to modify the door surrounds. Yes I had to chop saw a 1/4 inch off. Well an 1/8 might have worked butttttttt.

I like it. Pretty stout I would say. Back to work!

I will mess with the pics later.

Comment

Oh yeah pics!

Comment

Looks good Jason.

?

Comment

That looks similar to the Rockhard cage except the center console. Looks good!
                  97’ TJ on 37’s with 4 Angry Squirrels
                  2020 F250 Powerstroke Tow Pig

Comment

Looks good.
                    2000 TJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas 4.3, 06 Super Duty Diffs, D60/Sterling, ARBs, 5.38, 40” stickies, Weld on beadlocks, PSC full hydro steering, Vanco hydroboost, 16” King coilovers & King bumps, a radio that makes noise & a working Winch.

Comment

Nice job, will be doing a cage soon myself, probably rock hard
                      97 tj with 3.5 lift, 6cyl 5 speed on 35's

Comment

Looks nice.
                        Hope you never find out how strong it is.

Comment

Looks nice.
                          Hope you never find out how strong it is.
                          When’s the last time you wheeled with Jason?

Comment

Never.
                            Is it like wheeling with me?

Comment

Never.
                              Is it like wheeling with me?
                              I’ve wheeled with you.... Jason...never.

Comment

Working...
                              X