"HONEST" prices for axle/drivetrain work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "HONEST" prices for axle/drivetrain work

Got a leaking axle shaft seal here (2003 TJ)...looking for mechanic(s) with reasonable prices.

I live in Plano

Just Brakes quoted me $95 per hr labor.....and a jaw-dropping 300%-350% mark-up on the parts and diff fluid needed

The obvious, ideal situation:
    I bring the parts needed...and happily pay for the labor

Give Aaron a call at (972-658-0858)

http://www.smithoffroad.com/

Comment

Which axle would help in someone's decision on weather they will take on the task.
      2000 TJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas 4.3, 06 Super Duty Diffs, D60/Sterling, ARBs, 5.38, 40” stickies, Weld on beadlocks, PSC full hydro steering, Vanco hydroboost, 16” King coilovers & King bumps, a radio that makes noise & a working Winch.

Comment

See Blaine Shipman at 4Wheel Parts in Plano. He will give you a firm quote
        97’ TJ on 37’s with 4 Angry Squirrels
        2020 F250 Powerstroke Tow Pig

Comment

Originally posted by MudMan View Post

X2

Comment

Originally posted by MudMan View Post

X3. He was more than competitive with my build!!!!

Comment

Call Tony 214-621-6305...very good and fair on price plus he come to you. Just did a timing belt on my daughters car.

Comment

Tony is a great guy and heard lots of good things on Aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Baertrax.....972 406-9363

Comment

I have work done with baertrax and was very pleased. I only used one other shop and would never recommend that place. I gave seen Aarons work it all looked good.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

David Anderson (469-442-8508) fixed mine on Dana 44. Super cheap and quick, no issues since.

Comment

I'm getting ready to do the same thing to my LJ with the watchful help of Shawn. If you can be flexible with time, you'd be welcome to come over and work on yours at the same time. PM me if you're interested and we can work out a schedule.

Comment

Would it be a hard job to do? I've got a leaky seal in my front 44. Also curious of pricing but wouldn't mind trying myself.

Comment

It's a simple task. Save the cost of having it done, gain the experience, and use the saved money for other Jeep stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                              Would it be a hard job to do? I've got a leaky seal in my front 44. Also curious of pricing but wouldn't mind trying myself.
                              Ft axle requires removal of both axles and carrier assembly, if you have one leaking then replace both.
                              2000 TJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas 4.3, 06 Super Duty Diffs, D60/Sterling, ARBs, 5.38, 40” stickies, Weld on beadlocks, PSC full hydro steering, Vanco hydroboost, 16” King coilovers & King bumps, a radio that makes noise & a working Winch.

Comment

Working...
                              X