2006 Jeep Rubicon LJ Mild Build questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Jeep Rubicon LJ Mild Build questions

So I am starting to come up with a plan of action for the LJ. Before I bought it plan was to go with extreme build; unfortunately things change. Now I am thinking of going with a mild build kind of similar to my TJ Rubi.

My plan

3" AEV/Nth degree springs (already acquired)
    1.25" JKS body lift
    1" MM lift
    Currie Track bars front and rear (already acquired)
    Savvy Aluminium control arms (all 8)
    35" KM2
    15" Method Double Standard Wheels (already acquired)

My question is what do you guys recommend for MML? Brown Dog, M.O.R.E, other?
    Would I need more than 2" bump stop to run 35s? I want to keep my factory fenders.

I've been happy with my MORE mounts but heard brown dog are better

Comment

I have the JKS MML and I'm not completely happy with them. The jeep vibrates more than I'd like, they told me the bushings would soften up, but I still notice the vibration after 5 years. I've heard the Brown Dog offer more of a stock feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Bounty View Post
        I have the JKS MML and I'm not completely happy with them. The jeep vibrates more than I'd like, they told me the bushings would soften up, but I still notice the vibration after 5 years. I've heard the Brown Dog offer more of a stock feel.
        Tim,
        The JKS you talk about is red spacers right? or do they make replacement mount with a lift like brown dog and others? I have JKS MML spacers on the TJ Rubi.

Comment

This is what I am thinking.

Comment

The JKS was a full replacement, like Brown Dog and the others.

Comment

I would go with Danatrax prorock 60 extreme first.

Comment

Originally posted by hondo View Post
                I would go with Danatrax prorock 60 extreme first.

Kevin, i told him to go with 5 tons, but he thinks its too much for 35s.

Comment

Originally posted by David Anderson View Post
                  Kevin, i told him to go with 5 tons, but he thinks its too much for 35s.
                  Found some Rockwell 2 1/2 tons for 4k

Comment

I used the BMML and BL from JKS on my LJ. They worked Great.
                    2015 JKUR Red
                    2013 JKUR Black SOLD
                    2005 LJR Red SOLD
                    2004 TJ Silver SOLD
                    1993 YJ White SOLD

Comment

Brown Dog or MORE are both good, and you will probably be happy with either.

Regarding bumo stops for 35" tires; depending on the tires you may get by with none. Many 35" tires run small, and if you have 3.5" lift plus 1.25" BL, that may be enough to clear the tires. Once you have it all set up, I'd fully articulate the suspension to see if it rubs, and choose the length of bumpstops needed, if any.

Comment

Comment

Thats why I used the budget lift which is blocks under the factory mounts. I had no vibes of any kind.
                          Originally posted by Bounty View Post
                          I used 2" stops with 35's and 3" with my 37's
                          2015 JKUR Red
                          2013 JKUR Black SOLD
                          2005 LJR Red SOLD
                          2004 TJ Silver SOLD
                          1993 YJ White SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by RedRubiconLJ View Post
                            Thats why I used the budget lift which is blocks under the factory mounts. I had no vibes of any kind.

I used 2" stops with 35's and 3" with my 37's
                            Yea, I was pretty new to the Jeep thing at the time, I was kind of listening to others who had more experience. I didn't even realize that I already had 2 sets of those blocks already sitting in my garage.

Comment

I have the MORE motor mounts and get a vibration thru the jeep it is not bad but, it is noticeable.

Comment

Working...
                              X