Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know of any decent shops in the HEB area?

Comment

I used to tell everyone to go to Bobby Gentrys in Denton. Heck, I grew up here and have probably, realistically sent 250 people there over the years...
      Last Thursday when I took my Jeep there to get a muffler welded on (already had new muffler)... Just cut the old one off and weld new one on. It took Chris 5 minutes and they charged me $50...
      Relay? $50 to do that? Whatever, I paid it and didn't say one word, but will find somewhere else to send people from now on.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Comment

What is fair to weld that muffler on? Wire, gas, power, cost of welder?

Would you have preferred he made you wait in the waiting room, and he smoked a few ciggs, had a soda, then backed your jeep up after 45 minutes, then $50 seems like a smoking deal. He is in it to make money, not give anything away.

Comment

Originally posted by David Anderson View Post
          What is fair to weld that muffler on? Wire, gas, power, cost of welder?

Would you have preferred he made you wait in the waiting room, and he smoked a few ciggs, had a soda, then backed your jeep up after 45 minutes, then $50 seems like a smoking deal. He is in it to make money, not give anything away.
          Going in, I figured it would cost around $25. $50 just seemed like a lot. I guess I should learn how to weld :)

Comment

Originally posted by Black00Sahara View Post
            Going in, I figured it would cost around $25. $50 just seemed like a lot. I guess I should learn how to weld :)

I absolutely hate welding on exhaust. I can weld and would probably do the $50 lol.

Comment

Welding on exhaust in certain places can be a pain and 50.00 is worth it if you don't want to be laying on your back being showered in sparks welding blindly or having to use a mirror or 2 since they don't last long with sparks covering the glass.
              2000 TJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas 4.3, 06 Super Duty Diffs, D60/Sterling, ARBs, 5.38, 40” stickies, Weld on beadlocks, PSC full hydro steering, Vanco hydroboost, 16” King coilovers & King bumps, a radio that makes noise & a working Winch.

Comment

McKinney Speed shop on 380 exhaust work welding even let you rent out a lift if you need to use it for a few hours as long as they know ahead of time.

Comment

Hi, I need someone in Houston for mods. Any suggestions?

Comment

I live in the Houston area and was wondering if anyone has a dependable and knowledgable place they use to change my gears from 3.73 to 4.56 and also install a lift on my 2015 jku. Any input would be great! I've called around to a few places but I don't know anything about them except some of them work on race cars and some offroad shops that look like a hole in the wall. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                    X