This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Shops

As many of you may have noticed, there are lots and lots of various types of shops that we Jeepers use to further our hobby. As a club, we have excellent sponsors, the list of which you can view here. But unfortnately we don't have a sponsor for everything (although we are certainly trying). So, this is an informal list of known area vendors that have treated us and/or our members well. I will update it as possible. Please post up suggestions, but I will not list anything that overlaps our sponsors.

CB Shops
    • CB Shack
    • S. Lancaster Rd.
      Dallas, TX

• Richard or Larry Hankey
      (972) 562-6898
      1816 N. Waddill St.
      McKinney, TX 75069
      [email protected]
    CO2
    • Ferguson Industrial Gases
    • (972) 436-6586
      896 S Mill St
      Lewisville TX 75057
      (The Lewisville store can only exchange the bottles, and they only have 20lb ones)

• Ferguson Industrial Gases
      (972) 377-2828
      8840 4th St
      Frisco, TX 75034
      (The Frisco store can refill them but it takes a few days. Cost $20.for a 15# bottle)

• Bacon Equipment Company
      (214) 742-5871
      2709 N Beckley Ave
      Dallas TX 75208
      (10# bottle for $9 plus tax and they fill it while you wait. About 5 minutes.)

• Kimbrough Fire Extinguisher
      (817) 795-2297
      105 Gay St
      Arlington, TX 76010
      (They will fill a 15lb for $18.50 plus tax, close to $19.88.)

• Praxair Distribution, Inc
      (214) 631-3801
      3880 Irving Boulevard
      Dallas, TX 75247
      (Praxair in Dallas, said they can fill the tank for "around 20".)

• Metroplex Welding Supply
      (972) 556-0213
      1970 W Northwest Hwy
      Dallas, TX 75220
      (They will fill my 15lb tank for $10. They told me that they fill in the morning so if you dropped it off you could pick it up the next day)
    Driveshafts

[*]Drivetrain of Mesquite
    (972) 285-5179
    1228 West Scyene Road Suite 114
    Mesquite, TX 75149

Inland Truck Parts
    (972) 793-6840
    2339 E Grauwyler Road
    Irving, TX 75061

• Sunray Engineering
    Exhaust Work
    • Bobby Gentry Mufflers & Brakes

708 South Locust St, Denton, TX 76201
    (940) 566-1440
    Last edited by Glenn; 11-05-2007, 03:19 PM.

I would say Muffler King on Garland Rd in Dallas, they did the exhaust on my truck and did a great job!
    2000 XJ, 2013 JKUR, 2014 WK2

Get Your Free Quote Here!

Brady Ingle Insurance

www.bradyingle.com

(972)475-2408

Comment

Until I started building my own exhaust, I used Ken's Mufflers on Central Expressway at Knox/Henderson and they did good work quickly at a decent price.

Ed

Comment

Who messed up my list???? I'll fix it later.

Comment

I did
          Glenn

Red 1985 CJ7 the engine purrs like a po'd kitten, 1st flop Ingrids Revenge, everything held together, its done

''Life's tough ........ it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne

Comment

pronto mufflers in plano of 75 and 18th
            stan hopkins company in dallas for dirve shafts and axles

Comment

what kind of shop?
              Glenn

Red 1985 CJ7 the engine purrs like a po'd kitten, 1st flop Ingrids Revenge, everything held together, its done

''Life's tough ........ it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne

Comment

Do you guys approach a shop about becoming a sponsor? There is a place in Burleson that I've gone to quite a bit because they're close. Always do me right. I wonder what it would take to see if they'd be interested in becoming a sponsor.

Comment

Bobby Gentry Mufflers & Brakes I go to school with his son I talk to him all the time. so I might be able to get us a good deal
                  Last edited by Nick Henderson7; 04-20-2007, 11:49 PM.

Comment

For CO2 on this side on Ft worth

Pol-Lee
                    Fire Extinguisher Company
                    4115 Goddard Rd.
                    Fort Worth, Texas 76111
                    817-222-1283
                    800-417-3211
                    Fax 817-7592483

I had my 10# tank filled for $14 if I remember right. These people were very nice. Bobbie was the lady's name ... I don't remember the guy's name. he filled it while I waited ... took like 5-10 minute start to finish. I also had some questions about the co2 and he was more than happy to answer them .... i will be going back soon ...
                    http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ad...untry=us&new=1

Comment

You guys know that TEXAS is a big place and there are shops elsewhere besides North Texas. Why not ask for the other members in other parts of Texas to send in a list of good shops and then lets see what it takes for them to become sponsor shops. Do they just have to offer discounts or do they have to contribute funds to the club?
                      Sponsors for races have to do both of the above but do get advertising on the race cars. They are true sponsors. What is the accepted criteria to be a sponsor?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueXJ View Post
                        You guys know that TEXAS is a big place and there are shops elsewhere besides North Texas. Why not ask for the other members in other parts of Texas to send in a list of good shops and then lets see what it takes for them to become sponsor shops. Do they just have to offer discounts or do they have to contribute funds to the club?
                        Sponsors for races have to do both of the above but do get advertising on the race cars. They are true sponsors. What is the accepted criteria to be a sponsor?
                        A sponsor can either pay $100/year or donate $100 worth of product to the club per year. The do not have to offer discounts.

As far as the location of the shops, we mainly go for those shops we see people referring, so as you suggested, members need to tell us who the use and like and then we can approach them to become sponsors. Drivetrain of Mequite is an example of that.

Comment

local shops

Hal Schaffer at Lone Star Truck in Midlothian has been very helpful to me...Suspension, muffler, tail pipe, etc......used to work at 4WP in Dallas.

Comment

Good shop for differential work?

Anyone know of a good place to take a look at my differential? Making noise lately. Probably something simple, like a bad bearing.... but then again might be an opportunity for an upgrade.

TBill
                            [email protected]

Comment

Koetter Fire Protection
                              10351 Olympic Drive
                              Dallas, TX 75220
                              214-358-3593

Not only filling Co2, but the harder to find Hydro Testing of CO2 Tanks

Etc...

Great folks.

Just had my "new" 20# CO2 Kegerator Bottle Hydro Tested for 14.95 and filled for 15 plus tax.

Ed
                              Last edited by Rock Taxi; 08-13-2007, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X