• Show
Clear All

ADD:

CUSTOM LEAF SPRINGS
    www.alcanspring.com Alcan Spring
    http://www.deaverspring.com/ Deaver Spring
    http://www.nationalsprings.com/ National Spring
    sigpic
    1978 CJ-5 Golden Eagle, Stocker (1585 on LSJC Jeep Rater)
    1964 CJ-5A Tuxedo Park (3 on the Tree)
    1967 M-416
    2001 F-250 Powerstroke 4x4

Comment

Personally… I think Fred has WAY to much time on his hands...LOL! And most of this stuff the membership will not even look at. There is just way to much. That’s what Google is for. Find it when you need it.

We must ALWAYS be aware of the relationship LSJC has with it’s sponsors at all times. I think posting a link or links to a specific thread is just fine when the need arises. Even if it is not one of our sponsors. But to post a mass list is IMHO in direct conflict with the intent of the sponsors page and our relationships with our LSJC sponsors.

Our sponsors give their support to LSJC throughout the year and we owe them a return on their investment in our club.

That’s my .02 worth.

James
      Last edited by NVRDUN; 01-01-2009, 09:30 AM.
      James NVRDUN Foster

83 CJ-7, 4.5 Rubicon Express Suspension, 35" BFG Krawlers, Rancho 9000's, 258 In-line six, T-18, Dana 20 Transfer Case w/Terra Low, 4:56 Gears, SunRay Ford 9 Inch Rear w/Detroit Locker, Dana 30 w/LockRight, Plates \"NVRDUN\" and A Proud Member of The Lone Star Jeep Club

Comment

Originally posted by James NVRDUN Foster View Post
        There is just way too much. That’s what Google is for. Find it when you need it.
        Actually, that's one of the reasons I joined the club - I don't want to have to search for all this on my own.

We must ALWAYS be aware of the relationship LSJC has with its sponsors at all times.
        Absolutely true. Of course, we should also ALWAYS be aware of the relationship we have to the members. Sponsors leave, poor club. Members leave, no club.

Our sponsors give their support to LSJC throughout the year and we owe them a return on their investment in our club.
        I will always look at the sponsoring vendors first. Might be a discount there. But LSJC owes the sponsors an IMPROVED CHANCE for return on their investment - we do not owe them our business. I'd love to see a comprehensive list of vendors and services - heck, put the sponsors at the top like Google does with a "SPONSOR!" flag, but while the sponsors pay for advertising, they don't pay to restrict our choices or keep us from providing information to each other.

The argument is that this type of information shouldn't be on a top-level, club-managed page, but the thrust is that it should stay buried and be harder to find, and that comes in direct conflict with the aims of the club.
        Last edited by stan_king; 01-02-2009, 01:00 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Personally… I think Fred has WAY to much time on his hands...LOL! And most of this stuff the membership will not even look at. There is just way to much. That’s what Google is for. Find it when you need it.

We must ALWAYS be aware of the relationship LSJC has with it’s sponsors at all times. I think posting a link or links to a specific thread is just fine when the need arises. Even if it is not one of our sponsors. But to post a mass list is IMHO in direct conflict with the intent of the sponsors page and our relationships with our LSJC sponsors.

That’s my .02 worth.

James
          Yes that's your opinion.
          That is also why the first line is there.
          If you don't like it, take it to a vote at the next meeting. If majority rules, I will delete the entire thread.
          Another approach, ask the sponsers if they have a problem of say, posting tech links, custom springs in Colorado or California... BOINK?
          Last edited by Fred; 01-01-2009, 11:27 AM.
          sigpic
          1967 M-416

Comment

Originally posted by kris1351 View Post
            Personally I think it takes away from the sponsors that pay to be listed here, just my thoughts though. We have a section of the forums for vendor comments so we can have real reviews of vendors which is more effective I think.
            I think this is the best post Fred has ever made!:goodjob:

Comment

Great information! Thanks for all the work to compile it.
              I vote it should stay available, in some form.

Yes, promote and support our sponsors first, but as stated they don't offer everything.
              Black 2000 TJ Sport, 4.0L, 5-Spd., RE LA 5.5", 36" IROK's, ARB's front & rear, and more..
              Amsoil Independent Dealer
              sigpic
              www.lubedealer.com/BDS_Lube

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                Great information! Thanks for all the work to compile it.
                I vote it should stay available, in some form.

Yes, promote and support our sponsors first, but as stated they don't offer everything.
                X2!

Comment

Hey Fred

I like the changes you made to the top of the page.

Thank You I am happy now, and I know my happiness is very important to you.

I also understand that it took you a long time to put this together and I will admitt that I have used it twice since you put it up.... man that was hard to confess

NICE JOB!!!!!
                  James NVRDUN Foster

83 CJ-7, 4.5 Rubicon Express Suspension, 35" BFG Krawlers, Rancho 9000's, 258 In-line six, T-18, Dana 20 Transfer Case w/Terra Low, 4:56 Gears, SunRay Ford 9 Inch Rear w/Detroit Locker, Dana 30 w/LockRight, Plates \"NVRDUN\" and A Proud Member of The Lone Star Jeep Club

Comment

I think it is a good thing .... Also .... not that it matters ,,, but it can be helpful to many of the membership .... especially the newbies

Comment

I know my happiness is very important to you.
                      Isn't that special, but thank you anyway.
                      sigpic
                      1967 M-416

Comment

add:
                        METAL SUPPLIERS
                        http://www.aedmotorsport.com/catalog.htm On line catalogue plus more
                        sigpic
                        1967 M-416

Comment

I understand Sunray and Solid are both out of business. If so, we can take them off the list.

Comment

Thanks for the list very helpful with extracting broken bolts! I vote we should keep it up there if it doesn’t bother the sponsors.

Comment

RadiatorExpress.com

RadiatorExpress.com has been awesome with me so far. They had an all aluminum replacement for my radiator for just a few bucks more than the stock one with plastic and aluminum. Free shipping as well!

Comment

Rocktaxi's LS site suggestions
                                http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...SPrimer/Part1/ Pirate's LS Primer, part 1
                                http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...SPrimer/Part2/ Pirate's LS Primer, part 2
                                sigpic
                                1967 M-416

Comment

Working...
                                X