Choosing the right rubber for your rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing the right rubber for your rig

The age old question of which tire to choose for your rig depends on a number of variables and Mark Filonowich does a nice job of explaining it here:

http://online.jpfreek.com/2010/12/01...-for-your-rig/

Absolutely great article

Comment

Thanks! Mark is a great writer and we've been fortunate to have him with JPFreek for over three years now. We're thinking of putting together a "book" that includes many of his past articles, as well as others, later this year (probably before Christmas). If y'all think you'd be interested in this, please let us know. We're gauging interest now before we do the legwork.

Thanks for the support!

Comment

Article was well written and brought up the usual points. That said, you should have entitled it "Don't choose the wrong tire, or else." though as there really was no information provided how to choose the right one. I expected to see something along the lines of comparing various tread designs and how they related to trail types as well as streetability. Possibly include how various sizes require specific upgrades to suspension, drive train, and/or body.

Basically, it felt like a fluff piece and didn't provide any real analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaWilkins View Post
          Article was well written and brought up the usual points. That said, you should have entitled it "Don't choose the wrong tire, or else." though as there really was no information provided how to choose the right one. I expected to see something along the lines of comparing various tread designs and how they related to trail types as well as streetability. Possibly include how various sizes require specific upgrades to suspension, drive train, and/or body.

Basically, it felt like a fluff piece and didn't provide any real analysis.
          Good points and I can't disagree about the title. I'll mention this to Mark as it's good input though I don't think he intended it to be fluff. :)

Comment

Working...
          X