Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** winch help**

WINCH IDENTIFICATION/ PARTS LOCATOR?:sp_ahhh:
    I AM POSTING THIS FOR MY FRIEND WHO BOUGHT A 79? CJ OFF OF CRAIGSLIST A FEW MONTHS AGO. THE JEEP CAME WITH A DESERT DYNAMICS (IM TOLD) WINCH ON IT, BUT WE CANT TELL WHICH MODEL IT IS. IM TOLD THAT DESERT DYNAMICS WAS BOUGHT BY PIERCE? EITHER WAY I CAN'T FIND REPLACEMENT PARTS UNTIL WE FIGURE OUT WHAT MODLE IT IS. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. BELOW IS SOME PICS OF THE WINCH AS WELL AS A PIC OF POSSIBLE REPLACEMENT PARTS?

THE COVER IN THE PIC LOOKS THE SAME AS ON THE WINCH AND HAS THE SAME NUMBER OF BOLTS BUT NOT SURE IF IT IS THE CORRECT ONE?????:question:
    [IMG][/IMG]

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS AGAIN.
    Last edited by V.O; 03-10-2010, 11:29 AM. Reason: .

Im told the winch is getting power to it, but will not operate.

Comment

How much are all those replacement parts going to run???

Springtime is here & winch specials should be popping up all over the place. Might be just a little more $ but a whole lot less aggrevation to go new...IMO

Comment

Check it for lube. See if it will freespool, since it's getting power then the motor could have corrosion on it and it very well can be just stuck from non-use. Anything is possible at this time.
        2000 TJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas 4.3, 06 Super Duty Diffs, D60/Sterling, ARBs, 5.38, 40” stickies, Weld on beadlocks, PSC full hydro steering, Vanco hydroboost, 16” King coilovers & King bumps, a radio that makes noise & a working Winch.

Comment

The parts are listed at $127, not sure if its a mechanical problem or electrical. I think he likes the old styling of this winch. But if it makes more sense to buy a new one at $300-$500 he might just do that.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

??

Comment

How'd you get past the CAPS LOCK filter?

Comment

Working...
                X