Winches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winches?

So simple question... Is it possible to mount a winch on a stock front bumper?

what do you have? TJ XJ JK?

TJ you can with a winch plate.
    1998 Jeep Cherokee,183K 4.0,D30 Aussie locked,Chry 8.25,4.88 gears,AJ's OffRoad Armor Super Suckrails,C4x4 Winch Bumper with Warn XD9000I , 6.5" RE lift., TNT longarms 33x12.50x15 Mud Rovers , If it moves and shouldn't, use Duct Tape & Zip Ties... If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40 & aHammer SOLD!!!
    sigpic

Comment

I would think so with a winch mounting plate .... which I think you have to have on any other bumper either separate or built into it

But those are just guesses

I guess like andrew said ,, it does depend on the type ,,,

Comment

XJ you need a full blown winch bumper
        1998 Jeep Cherokee,183K 4.0,D30 Aussie locked,Chry 8.25,4.88 gears,AJ's OffRoad Armor Super Suckrails,C4x4 Winch Bumper with Warn XD9000I , 6.5" RE lift., TNT longarms 33x12.50x15 Mud Rovers , If it moves and shouldn't, use Duct Tape & Zip Ties... If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40 & aHammer SOLD!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dajeepman View Post
          XJ you need a full blown winch bumper
          Mount it in your passenger seat. Get a 5 ft long hole saw and drill a hole straight through everything in between your passenger seat and your front bumper. Run your cable through the hole... Perfect!

Comment

I have a TJ with a stock bumper can you custom those with bolt on's like brush guard bars etc. to look like an aftermarket bumper

Comment

Originally posted by GOTTA_GO_JEEP View Post
              I have a TJ with a stock bumper can you custom those with bolt on's like brush guard bars etc. to look like an aftermarket bumper
              Almost every winch company has a winch mounting plate for your TJ, and yes there are many bolt on extra's.
              sigpic "Not all who wander are lost"
              "Driving a Jeep is a journey, not a destination"

Comment

warn winch plate on stock bumper

Comment

Smittybilt has a generic TJ winch plate fro 59 or 69.99 (cant remember which) Sure beats Warns 228.00 plate.

Comment

Originally posted by grn06rubi View Post

warn winch plate on stock bumper
                    Question: Why use a Hawse with cable?

Comment

the hawse was cheaper than the roller

Comment

Originally posted by grn06rubi View Post
                        the hawse was cheaper than the roller
                        Fair enough. Didn't know if you were thinking about switching over to line.

Comment

ok... i can't find the smitty bilt plate or any of the accessories for the stock bumper... does any body happen to know where i can find those parts for cheap... if so please give me the html

Comment

Originally posted by GOTTA_GO_JEEP View Post
                            does any body happen to know where i can find those parts for cheap... if so please give me the html
                            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-06...Q5fAccessories

Comment

I have a universal winch plate that you could have for free.
                              Let me know if you want it.

~Kyle

Comment

Working...
                              X