Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

engine acting funny this morning (thought?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine acting funny this morning (thought?)

background: engine has been running smoothly lately, no rough idling or anything. New plugs and wires about 10,000 or less miles ago and just changed the oil last week...been running perfectly as far as I can tell.

then: driving down gbush tollway this morning going about 60 getting ready to exit and I lose power, engine is still on and electronics are on but not getting any gas when I push the pedal. So I hit the clutch and coast of the highway testing the gas a couple of times and nothing. I pull it over and it idles really rough and dies. Try and start it again, starts then idles and dies. So I start it again, give it some gas this time and it actually works a little so I give it some more gas and then it starts sounding normal again, let off the gas and it goes down to idle and idles smooth. Runs perfectly fine the rest of the way to work.

Does that sound like some bad gas, or was it maybe some kind of sensor lose? and ideas?

it could be the fuel pump relay this happened to me and i replaced it and works fine now

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer2536
      it could be the fuel pump relay this happened to me and i replaced it and works fine now
      I was going to say it sounded like the fuel pump was acting up. But beyond that any information I would give you would result in trial and error repairs.

Comment

LOL...thats what all my repairs are...thats why I have a 3 core radiator that replaced a non broke stock one :-)

Comment

Crank position sensor. It should be a "tune-up item", replaced every 2 or 3 years. I'm on my 3rd one. It can fail partially, and causes exactly the symptoms you described.

Comment

Working...
          X