Ratchet Shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratchet Shifter

This is the first auto I've had in a long time and I've gotten kind of annoyed with the T style shifter with the button on the left hand side. I'd like to swap it out with a ratchet style shifter like the Hurst Pro-Matic 2 but I can't figure out if any of them will fit my 03 Rubicon. Has anyone done this or know anyone who has? Any particular shifter recommendations?

BTT

bump....

Comment

You may wanna ask some of the guys on the Rubicon owners forum. They might now or could help you out Aaron.

Comment

yup

have gotten no reply there either, and justin and kenny don't know of a way, but I figured I'd keep asking. I'm sure I'm not the first one who has wondered about it.

Comment

His screen name escapes me, but Kirk (or Kurt ... I think) has a green CJ with a rachet style tranny. He lives over in Little Elm, he might be able to help ya. I feel bad I can't recall his name right now, as I boughjt a bikini from him... grrr.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Tom, definitely let me know if you remember his sn. But I think the CJ's stock tranny can be used with the hurst stuff along with most ford and gm truck trannys, so maybe I just need to wait till i blow the tranny and just replace the whole thing.

Comment

Kjoplin, Kurt Joplin and Aron I know him and can ask him for you where he got it. I just saw him last night. Actually he will be at the meeting tonight.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks guys, I will ask him tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by DJFriar
                  His screen name escapes me, but Kirk (or Kurt ... I think) has a green CJ with a rachet style tranny. He lives over in Little Elm, he might be able to help ya. I feel bad I can't recall his name right now, as I boughjt a bikini from him... grrr.

WOW you are way off on the name......

Comment

Are you the one armed man?

Is this you, or do you know his name?

Comment

Sinman is Sam, and he can help you out. Sam, are you going to the cook out on Friday? I want to see how that bumper turned out.

Comment

Sam, I sent u a pm...

Comment

Originally posted by sinman
                          Originally posted by DJFriar

WOW you are way off on the name......
                          DOH!!!! :bang: How sam equaled kurt/kirk I'll never know. Must be just how tired I am today. Sorry Sam.

Comment

Actually I was talking about Kurt who has a TJ with what your looking for Aron I wasn't talking about Sam.

Comment

Working...
                            X