Shop recommendations shaking issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop recommendations shaking issues

I have a 2003 TJ Rubicon. I bought it about 6 years ago and it needed a little suspension work and a few minor repairs. After that I drive pretty good for an old Jeep. Due to life circumstances it has been sitting in the garage barely used in the last 2.5 years. When I drive it now there is a shake in the steering wheel when you get up about 30-40 mph and some squeaking underneath the Jeep. Ujoints were replaced several years ago. I tried aligning the front end best I could but it still doesn't drive well. I'd like to get it back to where it was fun to drive.

I am located in Highland Village. Any local suggestions where I can bring it to have it looked over for these issues?

Thanks,

Dallas Off Road is in The Lewisville area. They should be able to fix it
    97’ TJ on 37’s with 4 Angry Squirrels
    2020 F250 Powerstroke Tow Pig

Comment

Originally posted by stickerhead View Post
      Dallas Off Road is in The Lewisville area. They should be able to fix it
      Looks like they are in Dallas on Emerald Rd, but thanks,

Comment

After hours motorsports in Denton is close to you.
        2019 'Mojito' JLR(bone stock)
        2015 Cherokee KL(traded in)

Comment

I'd check the track bar to make sure both ends are tight and the bushings are good. That's often the cause of the issue you are describing on your TJ.

Comment

Originally posted by ragin_cajuns View Post
            I have a 2003 TJ Rubicon. I bought it about 6 years ago and it needed a little suspension work and a few minor repairs. After that I drive pretty good for an old Jeep. Due to life circumstances it has been sitting in the garage barely used in the last 2.5 years. When I drive it now there is a shake in the steering wheel when you get up about 30-40 mph and some squeaking underneath the Jeep. Ujoints were replaced several years ago. I tried aligning the front end best I could but it still doesn't drive well. I'd like to get it back to where it was fun to drive.

I am located in Highland Village. Any local suggestions where I can bring it to have it looked over for these issues?

Thanks,
            Out of balance tires, tires flat sided from sitting for 2.5 years. If you haven't been using it my guess wouldn't be mechanical, since there was no mileage to wear or break or bend a part.
            I would drive it a bit, let it sit in sun and heat up tires. Try and get them back to round.

Comment

I'm near you in Flower Mound. I've got an '04 Rubicon. I could at least take a look for you - see if I can see anything that looks off. Let me know.

Comment

Working...
              X