TJ HVAC control unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ HVAC control unit

On a friend TJ the temperature slider feels like it is completely disconnected. The slider will slide pretty freely, but will only go about three-quarters of the way to the right and stops before getting all the way to the right (the hot end). It travels all the way to the left without stopping. The top slider works just fine.
    I'm thinking he is going to have to pull the panel off and then check that linkage at the back of the control unit. Anybody else had to do this? Anything I need to watch for?

Thanks-

There is a cable back there. Probably needs to be lubricated or it is broken.
    97’ TJ on 37’s with 4 Angry Squirrels
    2020 F250 Powerstroke Tow Pig

Comment

Originally posted by jteexy View Post
      On a friend TJ the temperature slider feels like it is completely disconnected. The slider will slide pretty freely, but will only go about three-quarters of the way to the right and stops before getting all the way to the right (the hot end). It travels all the way to the left without stopping. The top slider works just fine.
      I'm thinking he is going to have to pull the panel off and then check that linkage at the back of the control unit. Anybody else had to do this? Anything I need to watch for?

Thanks-
      I have never had one break, but as stickerhead says it may have become disconnected. If your friend has replaced the stereo recently it is all pretty tightly packed in the center stack between the HVAC, stereo, vents, wiring harnesses running through, et cetera. It is all easy enough to disassemble to check.

Comment

I had a vacuum hose come off of mine and the controls just didn't work. This was a long time ago and really has been working fine since. But maybe worth exploring.

Comment

Working...
        X