Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beadlock-Tire dismount location (North Dallas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beadlock-Tire dismount location (North Dallas)

Looking for a shop to dismount tires from beadlock wheels, preferably with Saturday hours.

Thanks...!
    sigpic
    1978 CJ-5 Golden Eagle, Stocker (1585 on LSJC Jeep Rater)
    1964 CJ-5A Tuxedo Park (3 on the Tree)
    1967 M-416
    2001 F-250 Powerstroke 4x4

In my experience none of the big shops will touch em. You might try a mom and pop place.

Comment

Assume you were going to take the beadlock ring/bolts off yourself. If so, I know Wylie Tire Shop off Hwy 78 will break the back bead off for you. Great group of guys, only place I go for tire related stuff. They are open 7:45 to 1:30 on Saturdays.

Comment

I had Discount Tire roll the first bead on for me. They said as long as they were not putting them together
        97’ TJ on 37’s with 4 Angry Squirrels
        2020 F250 Powerstroke Tow Pig

Comment

That seems to vary greatly by location. I made the mistake of breaking mine down on a Saturday when all the offroad shops were closed. I called every Discount Tire and NTB on the north side of Houston, and no one would work on them. I had already removed the ring, broken the rear bead, and was just having issues getting the tire completely off due to a larger then normal lip. They still wouldn't touch them.

Comment

Thanks all!
            sigpic
            1967 M-416

Comment

Nest thing to do is just take them up there in a truck broken down and ask them to pull it off the rim. I had DT remove them off a standard steel rim them roll them on to my beadlock rim
              97’ TJ on 37’s with 4 Angry Squirrels
              2020 F250 Powerstroke Tow Pig

Comment

Briscoe Tire in Denton if you can't find someone closer. 7A-noon on Saturdays. Call first but I'm sure they would help you.
                97 TJ, 4 squirrels and the awesome AX-5, Sunray 9" axles, 37" Toyo's.

Comment

I did find a DIY video so you could do this yourself.. https://youtu.be/63RAFk1Ae84

Comment

Appreciate the info! Thanks
                    sigpic
                    1967 M-416

Comment

Working...
                    X