Front track Bar hitting diff cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front track Bar hitting diff cover

I have 2016 JKU Rubicon with Rock Krawler xFactor 3.5 Lift. Following lift installation, I took it to Baertrax for alignment and checkout. Recently, I installed Riddler differential covers (which are larger than OEM) and now the front track bar is making contact with the front differential cover. Thoughts for resolution? Is this something that can corrected by control arm adjustments (and alignment)? Track bar bracket? or something else?

Control arm adjustments shouldn't make a difference. Which track bar are you running? Rock Krawler's? There are a lot of posts on the web about RK track bar hitting the Riddler/Poison Spyder diff covers. Seems to be a very common issue. I believe that mine contacted before I switched to a JKS track bar. The JKS has a bend in it to prevent contact.
    Last edited by Bearkat; 01-28-2020, 04:49 PM.
    Jeff
    2013 JKU Rubicon w/Antirocks, Front Artec Truss & Gusseted, Full Rock Hard Skids, RK 3.5" Max Travel, 37" Nittos, Beadlocks, PS Front Stinger, 10K Winch, LoD Rock Sliders, LoD Shorty Rear w/Tire Carrier
    2018 White JLU Sahara, leather, 2" lift, 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Comment

Yes, I have the rock krawler track bar. I have been reading the same, but was hoping to avoid replacing it. Looks like that is the fix. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rdbalcom View Post
        Yes, I have the rock krawler track bar. I have been reading the same, but was hoping to avoid replacing it. Looks like that is the fix. Thanks.
        I'll recommend the JKS track bar, it is much beefier than the RK track bar and won't hit the diff cover.
        Jeff
        2013 JKU Rubicon w/Antirocks, Front Artec Truss & Gusseted, Full Rock Hard Skids, RK 3.5" Max Travel, 37" Nittos, Beadlocks, PS Front Stinger, 10K Winch, LoD Rock Sliders, LoD Shorty Rear w/Tire Carrier

Comment

Teraflex is also another great option that doesn't hit the diff as well.

Alice_in_jeepland
          Jen Barnett
          Treasurer
          2011 Jeep Wrangler JKU
          LSJC Member, Trail Leader

Comment

Anyone have any experience with the Steer Smarts Front Track Bar? I am looking at their steering components as a near term upgrade and some packages come with their XD Yeti track bar.

Comment

No experience with them. I think they are fairly new on the market.
              Jeff

Comment

Working...
              X