Spool Your Winch Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spool Your Winch Line

When getting your Jeep ready for a wheeling trip don’t forget your winch line. When winching on the trail most of the time your winch line will be pulled to one side or the other. This can lead to line damage or other issues the next time you need your winch for a recovery.

Re-spooling your winch line at home can save you and others a lot of headaches on the trail. Be sure to do this under light pressure to keep the wraps tight on the drum. I did mine today by attaching my line to my truck and using the Jeep winch to pull the cable while guiding the cable onto the drum. Going uphill just a bit will help a lot while rewinding.

If you have a steel cable this is a great time to spray your cable with a light oil. This will help it spool better and lubricant it at the same time.

Last edited by NVRDUN; 10-20-2019, 09:37 PM.
    James NVRDUN Foster

83 CJ-7, 4.5 Rubicon Express Suspension, 35" BFG Krawlers, Rancho 9000's, 258 In-line six, T-18, Dana 20 Transfer Case w/Terra Low, 4:56 Gears, SunRay Ford 9 Inch Rear w/Detroit Locker, Dana 30 w/LockRight, Plates \"NVRDUN\" and A Proud Member of The Lone Star Jeep Club

Good advice!
    Jeff
    2013 JKU Rubicon w/Antirocks, Front Artec Truss & Gusseted, Full Rock Hard Skids, RK 3.5" Max Travel, 37" Nittos, Beadlocks, PS Front Stinger, 10K Winch, LoD Rock Sliders, LoD Shorty Rear w/Tire Carrier
    2018 White JLU Sahara, leather, 2" lift, 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Comment

Originally posted by NVRDUN View Post
      If you have a steel cable this is a great time to change it to synthetic line
      Fixed if for you.

Comment

Working...
      X