Announcement

Collapse

UPCOMING OFFICIAL & Unofficial LSJC EVENTS 2019:

*10/25/19 - 10/27/19 - Crawl-O-Ween - (Disney)

*11/1/19 - The Haunted Baertrax and Lone Star Jeep Halloween Night

*11/8/19 - 11/10/19 - Veteran's Day Run - (Hot Springs)

*11/29/19 - Turkey Trot Run - (Bridgeport)

*12/7/19 - Member's Only Annual Christmas Party (Arlington)

See more
See less

GMRS set up anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMRS set up anyone?

So just got my license for GMRS radio and looking to go to that set up. Anyone have it in there jeep already? Looking for advice on equipment, set up ect. Shoot me a note would love to see what you have. Thanks. Ron 7196495588

I have a couple of hand held units but nothing setup in the Jeep yet.
    Last edited by Bearkat; 10-01-2019, 11:07 AM.
    Jeff
    2013 JKU Rubicon w/Antirocks, Front Artec Truss & Gusseted, Full Rock Hard Skids, RK 3.5" Max Travel, 37" Nittos, Beadlocks, PS Front Stinger, 10K Winch, LoD Rock Sliders, LoD Shorty Rear w/Tire Carrier
    2018 White JLU Sahara, leather, 2" lift, 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Comment

Most of the LSJC trail leaders have started running both GMRS as well as CB's. In the picture you will see both units in my CJ-7. I also have two hand held GMRS units that work very well.

Both have a place in wheeling and CB's I think will always be the standard but for range and quality GMRS is better than CB's by far.

Here is a link: https://midlandusa.com/product/ormxt...le-gxt-bundle/

James NVRDUN Foster

83 CJ-7, 4.5 Rubicon Express Suspension, 35" BFG Krawlers, Rancho 9000's, 258 In-line six, T-18, Dana 20 Transfer Case w/Terra Low, 4:56 Gears, SunRay Ford 9 Inch Rear w/Detroit Locker, Dana 30 w/LockRight, Plates \"NVRDUN\" and A Proud Member of The Lone Star Jeep Club

Comment

I also have a Midland MXT-400 GMRS radio on the way that I will have installed before HS.
        Jeff
        2013 JKU Rubicon w/Antirocks, Front Artec Truss & Gusseted, Full Rock Hard Skids, RK 3.5" Max Travel, 37" Nittos, Beadlocks, PS Front Stinger, 10K Winch, LoD Rock Sliders, LoD Shorty Rear w/Tire Carrier

Comment

I have a rugged radio ordered.
          Mostly Stock - 2005 TJ Ford 1 tons with 5.13 gears, RCV axles and ARBs, Reid Racing knuckles, Atlas 5.0, Vanco Hydroboost, PSC steering and Hydro assist 4" teraflex long arm Metalcloak fenders

Comment

Originally posted by hondo View Post
            I have a rugged radio ordered.
            Nice!
            Jeff

Comment

appreciate the info. I am looking at that bundle package with the 40 w radio. Have a CB but I too think the gmrs is the way to go. thanks again.

Comment

I have the rugged radio in the Jeep and a few hand held tri bands.

I can’t run a vehicle CB anymore since their not water resistant....which is fine.
                My vehicle mount rugged has a 2 mile range with the hand held and that’s plenty for any of the places we go.
                2000 TJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas 4.3, 06 Super Duty Diffs, D60/Sterling, ARBs, 5.38, 40” stickies, Weld on beadlocks, PSC full hydro steering, Vanco hydroboost, 16” King coilovers & King bumps, a radio that makes noise & a working Winch.

Comment

I've got a couple of the Baofeng tri-band radios. They're the exact same handhelds that Rugged Radios has except they case is black not blue and you can get them for a LOT cheaper! They're 100% compatatible with the Rugged Radios....Al has a couple of the Rugged Radios and a couple of the Baofengs also, he found all the frequencies that are preprogrammed into the Rugged Radios. I'm getting a programming cable for the radios which will speed up programming time.

Comment

Working...
                  X