All 4 Fun Chaffee County, CO Aug 2-8 an option to Ouray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All 4 Fun Chaffee County, CO Aug 2-8 an option to Ouray

I am going to the All 4 FUN ( www.a4fun.org ) event this year it is put on by the Mile High Jeep Club. I have not been to this event before, last year it was held in Silverton, CO. I believe that some of the people that went to Ouray went to the vendors day of the event. I have been wheeling in Buena Vista which is the closest town to this event ( 2 miles away). So why this event over Ouray.
    1. It is closer 11:30 hr drive vs 14:30 hr drive. I have been to BV 3 times and have always driven strait through in one day.
    2. It offers all kinds of wheeling from hard core (body damaged expected) to easy.
    3. Great value $350 per vehicle and passengers, includes campsite at event Rv, camper, tent. 4 days of wheeling, a day of vendor show
    and more.
    Go to there web site www.a4fun.org and read through it for all the information on this event. I have learned Aug is a great time to go to CO and get away from the heat. This is a family event but at night it seems they will bring out the adult beverages and have some fun and games. I will be going with my son (20) and my brother who lives in CO and has a place in Buena Vista. I will be tent camping during the event. The BV area has lots of recreational opportunities: Arkansas River trout fishing, white water rafting, It has 15 of CO 14ers in reach and numerous other hikes, It also has some great road and mountain biking. I am putting this out now because people are starting to plan summer vacations. Registration closes July 15, 2015. So if you are interested and want to go just let me know and I will start a list.
    We can caravan to and from the event.

Yes, DirtToy is also planning on going to All-For-Fun -
    Looking forward to it,
    a good option is camping,
    but we will find a cabin close by

Comment

We are registered, and we have at least one other jeep also going.

The Colorado clubs provide the guides, the wheeling is usually on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.

with a vendor showcase on Wednesday.

Anyone going to the club run in Ouray, can hit this on the way back towards TEXAS.

Comment

We are registered, and we have at least one other jeep also going.

The Colorado clubs provide the guides, the wheeling is usually on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.

with a vendor showcase on Wednesday.

Anyone going to the club run in Ouray, can hit this on the way back towards TEXAS.

Comment

I have been to there event before in Georgetown and it is one of the best organized and well run and planned events anywhere. It is a great time and well worth the drive and trip
          Glenn

Red 1985 CJ7 the engine purrs like a po'd kitten, 1st flop Ingrids Revenge, everything held together, its done

''Life's tough ........ it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne

Comment

Might be interested in this one. I can't commit to it right now but will see closer to June July.

Comment

They are also having a run over labor day weekend. I need to read again where it will be held.
              2015 JKUR Red
              2013 JKUR Black SOLD
              2005 LJR Red SOLD
              2004 TJ Silver SOLD
              1993 YJ White SOLD

Comment

Unless they have change from the past they have a limited number of people that can wheel so the sooner you sign up the better. This is a big event and well run with events for all members of the family with great vendor support.

Comment

Labor day Safari Sept 5-7 $150 per vehicle ALL INCLUSIVE. It will be based at MOAB rim camp park. Check out the Red Rock 4x4 club site for registration or more info. They say its Family Friendly.

2015 JKUR Red
                  2013 JKUR Black SOLD
                  2005 LJR Red SOLD
                  2004 TJ Silver SOLD
                  1993 YJ White SOLD

Comment

We are registered and staying in Salida. Have heard good things about this event and looking forward to being in CO.

Comment

If you are on the fence about going here is a tentative list of the trails that may be available at the 49th Annual All-4-Fun in Chaffee County, CO. We will upadate the list as we get closer to the event!
                      Marshall Pass (Rating 1-2)
                      Mosquito Pass (Rating 2-3)
                      Mount Antero (Rating 3-4)
                      Mount Princeton (Rating 2-3)
                      Mount Zion (Rating 4)
                      Rawley Mine, Clover Creek, Poncha Loop (Rating 3)
                      Taylor Mountain, Billings Lake (Rating 3)
                      Tincup Pass, Cottonwood Pass (Rating 1-3)
                      Weston Pass, Breakneck Pass (Rating 2-4)
                      Wheeler Lake (Rating 5-7)
                      Wurts Ditch, No Name Gulch, Lilly Lake, Slide Lake (Rating 1-3)
                      Aspen Ridge, Bassam Park, Turret Trail (Rating 1-3)
                      Baldwin Lake, Boulder Mountain (Rating 3-4)
                      Carnage Canyon (BV) (Rating 9-10)
                      Chalk Mountain (Rating 1-4)
                      Chinaman Gulch (Rating 4-7)
                      Grizzly Lake (Rating 5-6)
                      Hagerman Pass (Rating 3)
                      Halfmoon Gulch Rating 4-5)
                      Hancock Pass, Pomeroy Lakes, Williams Pass (Rating 3-6)
                      Hayden Pass (Rating 3)
                      Iron Chest (6-8)
                      Lost Canyon (Rating 3)

Comment

Sounds like fun! I've heard they put on a great run.

Comment

Michele and I are signed up for this. We will leave Ouray August 1st going to Buena Vista and staying at the Super 8 there until the 8th. We have been in the area several times but never done anything with the Mile High Jeep Club. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Lonzo,

Great - That is at least 4 jeeps from LSJC so far!

I'll send you our cell in private messages,
                            be sure to touch base with us when you get to Buena Vista.
                            Looking forward to a great week.

Maureen and Skip (DirtToy)

Comment

Originally posted by DirtToyLady View Post
                              Lonzo,

Great - That is at least 4 jeeps from LSJC so far!

I'll send you our cell in private messages,
                              be sure to touch base with us when you get to Buena Vista.
                              Looking forward to a great week.

Maureen and Skip (DirtToy)
                              Sent you a PM

Comment

Working...
                              X