Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event Suggestion Box

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Event Suggestion Box

    Hi, all! This is Natalie, Events Director, and I'm looking for your input. What would you all like to see at events? Be specific, please! We, your Board of Directors, want to do what you all want at events. If you would even like to see an event that we aren't currently doing, let us know about that as well, then the BOD will discuss it and if it's a viable option, we'll do our best to implement! Thank you, all!!!

  • #2
    Suggestion don't put events on the list that are not official club events because it confuses the new people.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by hondo View Post
      Suggestion don't put events on the list that are not official club events because it confuses the new people.
      That's a good point! I'll update the list.

      Comment


      • #4
        I enjoy meeting the new members at events but it seems many dont meet anyone other than those in their group. I would like it if we all tried to meet for lunch as a group (like when Ark Crawlers grills in Hot Springs) and try to meet up at the end of the day. Wheeling is great but the people and stories are great part too.

        I know it is tough to schedule a group to be finishing at X time and it wont always happen perfectly.

        Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CMDaily View Post
          I enjoy meeting the new members at events but it seems many dont meet anyone other than those in their group. I would like it if we all tried to meet for lunch as a group (like when Ark Crawlers grills in Hot Springs) and try to meet up at the end of the day. Wheeling is great but the people and stories are great part too.

          I know it is tough to schedule a group to be finishing at X time and it wont always happen perfectly.

          Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

          I agree.......Have a chance to meet people ya don't get to wheel with.


          ?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CMDaily View Post
            I enjoy meeting the new members at events but it seems many dont meet anyone other than those in their group. I would like it if we all tried to meet for lunch as a group (like when Ark Crawlers grills in Hot Springs) and try to meet up at the end of the day. Wheeling is great but the people and stories are great part too.

            I know it is tough to schedule a group to be finishing at X time and it wont always happen perfectly.

            Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
            Or maybe have a dinner and ask all the newbies come up to introduce themselves and tell us about their favorite part of the park. Something.

            I'm trying to put different people in the groups and not just the same usual people, need to spread out and meet more people.

            Comment


            • #7
              Don't most of the official runs have a pot luck type lunch at whatever pavilion is available for the park we happen to be at?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bounty View Post
                Don't most of the official runs have a pot luck type lunch at whatever pavilion is available for the park we happen to be at?
                I have been to several new guys or 101s that didnt have a lunch or pot luck... and I dont even think you have to go as far as organizing a lunch... just a we will have picnic lunch at the pavillion at 12:30 is fine for me... just a goal for most of the groups to be at the same place at the same time.

                Bonus: cool group picture opportunity.

                Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CMDaily View Post
                  I have been to several new guys or 101s that didnt have a lunch or pot luck... and I dont even think you have to go as far as organizing a lunch... just a we will have picnic lunch at the pavillion at 12:30 is fine for me... just a goal for most of the groups to be at the same place at the same time.

                  Bonus: cool group picture opportunity.

                  Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                  Ah, I see. Ask the trail leaders to aim for a time to be back for lunch. Would also be a good time for people to move to different groups if they were feeling like their morning group was too easy or too hard.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bounty View Post
                    Ah, I see. Ask the trail leaders to aim for a time to be back for lunch. Would also be a good time for people to move to different groups if they were feeling like their morning group was too easy or too hard.
                    Exactly. Just some time to meet people outside your group that day.

                    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Really liking the group lunch idea.

                      ...just hate the idea of missing out on a rock city burger if its at Bridgeport! ;) ...there's always getting it to-go though! :) win/win

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I like the group lunch idea also but if it is at Bridgeport, I'm going to Rock City for lunch....can't miss those burgers!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I am sure rock city would love for us to have everyone meet there! Never said it had to be at the pavillion!

                          Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CMDaily View Post
                            I am sure rock city would love for us to have everyone meet there! Never said it had to be at the pavillion!

                            It's close to what happens now. But if we planned it, they could staff appropriately for the large group with notice.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CMDaily View Post
                              I enjoy meeting the new members at events but it seems many dont meet anyone other than those in their group. I would like it if we all tried to meet for lunch as a group (like when Ark Crawlers grills in Hot Springs) and try to meet up at the end of the day. Wheeling is great but the people and stories are great part too.

                              I know it is tough to schedule a group to be finishing at X time and it wont always happen perfectly.

                              Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                              Yea, that never happens[emoji1]
                              I have no idea how many folks I've met at the end of the day that are not in my group or even the same state.

                              2000 TJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas 4.3, 06 Super Duty Diffs, D60/Sterling, ARBs, 5.38, 40” stickies, Weld on beadlocks, PSC full hydro steering, Vanco hydroboost, 16” King coilovers & King bumps, a radio that makes noise & a working Winch.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X