Jeep transport to Gilmer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep transport to Gilmer?

I posted the following under the Election Run thread. I thought it might be best if the idea had its own thread.

Well looks like for sure I can make this little event. Looks like it could be a red dirt traffic jam. Is LSJC reserving the whole park for the weekend?

As time for me will be short and I don't feel like loading camping gear in ad out of my Jeep two times, I will be using my car hauler 18 wheeler to bring my Jeep out to Gilmer and have the sleeper on the truck for my "camping" arrangements.

Can easily load and bring out a few more Jeeps if anyone is interested.

Expense?? As I said, I am doing this for my camping arrangements out there, not really interested in making a "profit" off of anyone. So,, just to cover my time in loading, unloading on both ends of the weekend and maybe a bit the fuel expense,, $20.00 per Jeep for the round trip is fair to me. Can easily accommodate 7 more rigs plus my own.

Shoot me a PM if interested. I'll be watching the site more than I have the last few months. (If any interest..... First come first serve on reservations.)

Would like to arrange a place and time on Thursday evening the 19th to meet and load up on the truck. I hope to be in Gilmer Friday morning (B4 noon) the 20th. And back in the metroplex on Sunday afternoon/evening the 22nd.

A couple of small updates. It would work great for me to use the DFW auto auction transport lot for a meet and load location. (SH157 and Trinity blvd) (entrance on trinity just west of 157)

Should any Jeep I bring out get busted, I can help in getting closer to the house or wherever needed.

Also I might add, I can not accommodate people transport. This is just for Jeeps only.

Defiantly interested
    1. JVilla112
    2. GrizzlyTBear
    3. etjoyride
    4. Flying M
    8. T.A.Inskeep
    Last edited by T.A.Inskeep; 03-12-2009, 12:43 PM.

Absolutely positively in!

Comment

I wish I was home just to do this!!! I wanna see pictures of this though.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Green View Post
        I wish I was home just to do this!!! I wanna see pictures of this though.
        I never thought of that, If we get a full load, it will make a neat picture. :)

Comment

I appreciate the offer Tom!!!!

I think Im gonna do the gentlemanly thing and pass, saving space for the less capable, more fragile, square headlight crowd......

DOH!!!! Here comes Villa......:ahhh:

:pop::pop:
          Last edited by RedRubiconLJ; 03-09-2009, 08:44 PM.
          2015 JKUR Red
          2013 JKUR Black SOLD
          2005 LJR Red SOLD
          2004 TJ Silver SOLD
          1993 YJ White SOLD

Comment

Hey T.A. i posted in the election run thread.

I would love to get my jeep trailered there so that we can drive down in a more economical car. But i'm wondering, about how far is transpo lot from Fort Worth (Intersection of I20 and Hulen. I don't know 157 much and have no idea if driving that far would be worth trailering after gas and whatnot.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by etjoyride View Post
              Hey T.A. i posted in the election run thread.

I would love to get my jeep trailered there so that we can drive down in a more economical car. But i'm wondering, about how far is transpo lot from Fort Worth (Intersection of I20 and Hulen. I don't know 157 much and have no idea if driving that far would be worth trailering after gas and whatnot.

Thanks!
              map here

Comment

Originally posted by RedRubiconLJ View Post

I think Im gonna do the gentlemanly thing and pass, saving space for the less capable, more fragile, square headlight crowd......

But I'm sure Tom would make an exception for you Scott and pick up your rig at the local Sonic.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRubiconLJ View Post

I think Im gonna do the gentlemanly thing and pass, saving space for the less capable, more fragile, square headlight crowd...... Plus i'll never need a trailer, since i'll be on 1's all day

some of us wheel hard enough that breaking is actually a threat :redx:

Comment

Count me in for now at least (it'll be a stock 2dor Rubicon (32s), soft top))

Comment

Dang thats a good deal..
                      1998 Jeep Cherokee,183K 4.0,D30 Aussie locked,Chry 8.25,4.88 gears,AJ's OffRoad Armor Super Suckrails,C4x4 Winch Bumper with Warn XD9000I , 6.5" RE lift., TNT longarms 33x12.50x15 Mud Rovers , If it moves and shouldn't, use Duct Tape & Zip Ties... If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40 & aHammer SOLD!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeepian View Post
                        Count me in for now at least (it'll be a stock 2dor Rubicon (32s), soft top))
                        Gotcha covered!

Comment

Good deal Tom, I think I'll pass on this one.

Glad you are going to make it.

If you do any other trips this year I am interested.

Comment

Originally posted by MudMan View Post
                            Good deal Tom, I think I'll pass on this one.

Glad you are going to make it.

If you do any other trips this year I am interested.
                            Might be up for the Colorado trip this summer. Gotta wait a couple monts before committing to be sure I have the finances on order to essentially shut the truck down for two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by T.A.Inskeep View Post
                              Might be up for the Colorado trip this summer. Gotta wait a couple months before committing to be sure I have the finances on order to essentially shut the truck down for two weeks.
                              I may be in Houston Thursday, so I am not sure I can make the loading site. If I am in town, I take you up on the offer. I should know tomorrow.

If you make the CO trip this summer, I am 100% in. I have a trailer, but not having to go get it and haul the Jeep all they way to CO would be worth it.

btw, 4in lift, 35" tires, soft top or no top depending on the weather forecast.
                              Last edited by Flying M; 03-09-2009, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X