X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearkat
    replied
    Originally posted by dboat View Post
    I don't do FB.. maybe when I retire, I have enough social media to keep me paranoid as it is..
    Photos were on Instagram also, you just have to follow the people that went.

Leave a comment:

• dboat
    replied
    I don't do FB.. maybe when I retire, I have enough social media to keep me paranoid as it is..

Leave a comment:

• Bearkat
    replied
    glad to hear that Rick, wish we could have gone but I just couldn't take the chance of being quarantined. any pics?
    There were tons posted on Facebook.

Leave a comment:

• dboat
    replied
    glad to hear that Rick, wish we could have gone but I just couldn't take the chance of being quarantined. any pics?

Leave a comment:

• Hardtimes
    replied
    Did you guys finally get out of quarantine by the state of NM?
    Like I said Dana.......never was in it. Just 7 fun filled days in the mountains. The people of Red River welcomed us with open arms. Did 6 days of trail riding and went to Taos one day.

Didn't have problems coming or going.

Leave a comment:

• dboat
    replied
    Did you guys finally get out of quarantine by the state of NM?

Leave a comment:

• Number7
    replied
    We have to withdraw. My Dad is having health issues. Have fun, be safe and we hope to meet all of you somewhere off road.

Leave a comment:

• Alice_in_jeepland
    replied
    Originally posted by eder214 View Post
    Im also will be arriving to Red River on Sunday afternoon. Please let me know if there's anything plan for Monday and Tuesday.
    We're meeting at the park in front of the Conference Center at 9 am Monday. We'll hit Goose Lake on Monday. Tuesday we're headed to Taos.

Leave a comment:

• eder214
    replied
    Im also will be arriving to Red River on Sunday afternoon. Please let me know if there's anything plan for Monday and Tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• jeep jockey
    replied
    There is a Russell’s Phillip 66 on 40 just after you cross into NM as well very sweet antique car collection and 50’s & 60’s memorabilia very worth while to stop and see. Safe travels.

Leave a comment:

• Hardtimes
    replied
    Originally posted by Ricoryan View Post
    We won't be getting to town until mid-day on Sunday. Any idea what the plans are for Sunday and Monday yet? Would love to make the trip up to Greenie Peak or Goose Lake so hoping y'all can make those trips after we make it up but of course please don't plan around us if the group wants to go on Saturday or Sunday. Have fun and be safe! Hopefully we will see you all on Sunday afternoon
    No worries......I'm sure we will be doing Greenie Peak, Goose Lake, Old Pass and Midnight Meadows a couple of times. There good trails anyone can handle. Watch for us pulling thru town Sunday afternoon and just jump in. I know there's 2-3 from Houston that won't be there till noon Sunday. I'd tell ya to call me but phone service is sketchy at best. Phone service in town is good but that's about it.

As scattered out as everyone's staying thought it'd be best to meet at Brandenburg Park right in the center of town on Main St at 9am. I'll take Tuesday off and go to Rio Grande Gorge and Taos for the day. The drive around the Enchanted Loop is a nice scenic drive.

Everyone's free to hang with us as much as you want. If there's something you want to do please let me know or feel free to set something up. This is your vacation.......want everyone to have a good time.

Leave a comment:

• Brown Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Alice_in_jeepland View Post
    Rick has been in contact with the Mayor and Chamber of Commerce. The quarantine won't be affecting us.

GREAT NEWS! I hope all goes well and take alot of pictures for those who don't go.

Leave a comment:

• Ricoryan
    replied
    We won't be getting to town until mid-day on Sunday. Any idea what the plans are for Sunday and Monday yet? Would love to make the trip up to Greenie Peak or Goose Lake so hoping y'all can make those trips after we make it up but of course please don't plan around us if the group wants to go on Saturday or Sunday. Have fun and be safe! Hopefully we will see you all on Sunday afternoon

Leave a comment:

• dboat
    replied
    All of you going, be safe, be careful and have a GREAT time!

Leave a comment:

• Hardtimes
    replied
    Originally posted by jeep jockey View Post
    Rick, Sharon & I are leaving on Friday morning as well. What route do you anticipate taking, time leaving?
    Sorry Jim.....I missed your message till now

We're planning to leave about 4 tomorrow morning (why not......i'm up anyways).

Taking 287 to Amarillo with a quick stop in Iowa Park to drop our pup off at my sisters.

Pickup 87 though Dumas and Dalhart to Clayton N.M.

Hwy 412 Clayton to Springer (besure to have plenty of gas/diesel. That is 83 miles of pure nothing)

I-25 north 5-6 miles to Hwy 58 (Russell's Travel Stop is a cool place to stop. All kinds of 50's and 60's memorabilia)

58 west to Cimarron.......64 west to Eagles Nest then 38 to Red River.

If anyone is traveling at night......Be extra careful in the mountains. Deer, Elk and wildlife in general love to hang out on the highways.

I'm thinking we would meet at Brandenburg Park (right in the center of town) at 9Am Saturday morning
    Last edited by Hardtimes; 07-09-2020, 03:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X