No announcement yet.

LSJC Invades Red River New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appears there is a heat wave going on in New Mexico.........

Low-mid 80's daytime temps
    Low-mid 50's nighttime temps

Very low chance of rain all week

Normally average temps are mid 70's in the day and low 40's at night. At least it won't be as hot as it is here.
    Rick Spigelmyer (214) 251-7092

?

BLING!!!!! Is My Favorite Color
    If it don't shine......... It ain't mine !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dboat View Post
      I received the cancellation of my room late last night.. due to the below.. go to paragraph 6

https://www.newmexico.gov/2020/07/01...-health-order/

Kim and I are out at this time.. and we really wanted to get away for a while too

Sorry to see this........Did you cancel or did they cancel you Dana?

I understand there are plenty of places to provide lodging in Red River.

?

Comment

unfortunately we are unable to make this work. looking forward to the next one.

Comment

Rick, it was kind of both on the cancellation. almost simultaneously. I hope you guys have a great time.

Comment

Y'all do know that New Mexico has a 14 day quarantine order for all out of state travelers? It sounds like y'all will not be able to leave your hotel rooms to go wheeling for 14 days, enforced by the hotels. That's my understanding.

Comment

Rick has been in contact with the Mayor and Chamber of Commerce. The quarantine won't be affecting us.

Originally posted by Hardtimes View Post
              Update............................this run is still happening

I have been in contact with the town of Red River Chamber of Commerce, Town Hall and Mayor Linda Calhoun. I was on a zoom meeting and these are the details from the meeting:

1) The town is open for business and is not going to enforce the Quarantine (In the meeting she explained they have no way to manage who comes and goes and they want visitors to come.)

2) They are going off the June 1st extensions of the order that states restaurants can operate at 50% and bars will be closed. In order to have alcohol in town you have to sit down for a meal.
              They did say the wineries may be open.

3) They will be enforcing wearing a mask and want everyone to social distance as well as wash your hands. The mask will be required in all businesses. You can only remove it to eat or drink.

4) She did advise if you do not feel safe then do not come. If you do not want to wear a mask then you cannot go into businesses. If you are outdoors and distant you do not need a mask for
              that. If you need a mask and don't have one you can go to the visitors center and pick one up.

5) She also advised to check your reservations just to ensure they have no changes however she feels everyone will be welcoming visitors.

6) They only allow 5 to gather so as it stands we will meet up to go on the trails however we will be unable to have a meet up and provide dinner as we were planning.

This gives you all the information we have so that you can make your own decision. Let me know if you have any questions.

Alice_in_jeepland
              Jen Barnett
              Treasurer
              2011 Jeep Wrangler JKU
              LSJC Member, Trail Leader

Comment

Originally posted by jeep jockey View Post
                Rick, Sharon & I are leaving on Friday morning as well. What route do you anticipate taking, time leaving?
                Sorry Jim.....I missed your message till now

We're planning to leave about 4 tomorrow morning (why not......i'm up anyways).

Taking 287 to Amarillo with a quick stop in Iowa Park to drop our pup off at my sisters.

Pickup 87 though Dumas and Dalhart to Clayton N.M.

Hwy 412 Clayton to Springer (besure to have plenty of gas/diesel. That is 83 miles of pure nothing)

I-25 north 5-6 miles to Hwy 58 (Russell's Travel Stop is a cool place to stop. All kinds of 50's and 60's memorabilia)

58 west to Cimarron.......64 west to Eagles Nest then 38 to Red River.

If anyone is traveling at night......Be extra careful in the mountains. Deer, Elk and wildlife in general love to hang out on the highways.

I'm thinking we would meet at Brandenburg Park (right in the center of town) at 9Am Saturday morning
                Last edited by Hardtimes; 07-09-2020, 03:14 AM.

?

Comment

All of you going, be safe, be careful and have a GREAT time!

Comment

We won't be getting to town until mid-day on Sunday. Any idea what the plans are for Sunday and Monday yet? Would love to make the trip up to Greenie Peak or Goose Lake so hoping y'all can make those trips after we make it up but of course please don't plan around us if the group wants to go on Saturday or Sunday. Have fun and be safe! Hopefully we will see you all on Sunday afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by Alice_in_jeepland View Post
                      Rick has been in contact with the Mayor and Chamber of Commerce. The quarantine won't be affecting us.

GREAT NEWS! I hope all goes well and take alot of pictures for those who don't go.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricoryan View Post
                        We won't be getting to town until mid-day on Sunday. Any idea what the plans are for Sunday and Monday yet? Would love to make the trip up to Greenie Peak or Goose Lake so hoping y'all can make those trips after we make it up but of course please don't plan around us if the group wants to go on Saturday or Sunday. Have fun and be safe! Hopefully we will see you all on Sunday afternoon
                        No worries......I'm sure we will be doing Greenie Peak, Goose Lake, Old Pass and Midnight Meadows a couple of times. There good trails anyone can handle. Watch for us pulling thru town Sunday afternoon and just jump in. I know there's 2-3 from Houston that won't be there till noon Sunday. I'd tell ya to call me but phone service is sketchy at best. Phone service in town is good but that's about it.

As scattered out as everyone's staying thought it'd be best to meet at Brandenburg Park right in the center of town on Main St at 9am. I'll take Tuesday off and go to Rio Grande Gorge and Taos for the day. The drive around the Enchanted Loop is a nice scenic drive.

Everyone's free to hang with us as much as you want. If there's something you want to do please let me know or feel free to set something up. This is your vacation.......want everyone to have a good time.

?

Comment

There is a Russell’s Phillip 66 on 40 just after you cross into NM as well very sweet antique car collection and 50’s & 60’s memorabilia very worth while to stop and see. Safe travels.

2020 Ocean Metalic Blue JLUR
                          3 1/2” Clayton lift, 3.1 Falcon shocks, Motobilt rockrails & skids, 37” Dirtylife wheels, Toyo MT tires, homemade bumpers SB 10.000# winch, Rhino rack roof rack, CB & GMRS radios.

Comment

Im also will be arriving to Red River on Sunday afternoon. Please let me know if there's anything plan for Monday and Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by eder214 View Post
                              Im also will be arriving to Red River on Sunday afternoon. Please let me know if there's anything plan for Monday and Tuesday.
                              We're meeting at the park in front of the Conference Center at 9 am Monday. We'll hit Goose Lake on Monday. Tuesday we're headed to Taos.

Alice_in_jeepland
                              Jen Barnett
                              Treasurer
                              2011 Jeep Wrangler JKU
                              LSJC Member, Trail Leader

Comment

We have to withdraw. My Dad is having health issues. Have fun, be safe and we hope to meet all of you somewhere off road.

Comment

Working...
                                X