No announcement yet.

LSJC Invades Red River New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kim and I were thinking Friday morning and staying Fri night in Taos, but looks like we will leave early Sat and just drive straignt into RR and arrive that afternoon.. will update soon

Comment

Dana, I thought ya’ll were leaving on Saturday if you decide to go on Friday morning we would love to convoy.
      2020 Ocean Metalic Blue JLUR
      3 1/2” Clayton lift, 3.1 Falcon shocks, Motobilt rockrails & skids, 37” Dirtylife wheels, Toyo MT tires, homemade bumpers SB 10.000# winch, Rhino rack roof rack, CB & GMRS radios.

Comment

My Airbnb reservation just sent an email saying that all out of state guests must quarantine for 15 days as of july 1st. With this, I'm not going. Really hate this but, it is what it is. Everyone stay safe and positive. Maybe we can set something up for a run here in Texas for during some of that time.
        2019 'Mojito' JLR(bone stock)
        2015 Cherokee KL(traded in)

Comment

Here's an update from the State of New Mexico.

New Mexico holding off on Phase Two reopening until July 15

SANTA FE, NM — Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham and state officials will host a remote news conference Wednesday to provide an update on COVID-19 efforts in New Mexico and the existing public health order.

New Mexico has a total of 12,276 cases, 130 new cases announced Wednesday. 127 people are hospitalized 38 on ventilators. The state has 500 total deaths. 3 new deaths announced Wednesday.

New Mexico is putting Phase Two reopening on hold at least until July 15. Governor says face coverings will be aggressively enforced, violators are subject to a fine of $100.

There will be a 14-day quarantine placed for all out of state visitors.

With the Fourth of July set for this weekend, the governor and state health officials once again urged New Mexicans to avoid all public gatherings and celebrate the holiday from home, in a safe and physically distant manner. Anything less – including attending parades organized by some municipalities across the state – presents an urgent risk to public health and represents a violation of the state public health order, which is punishable by a monetary fine.

https://kfoxtv.com/news/local/new-me...vid-19-efforts
          Jeff
          2013 JKU Rubicon w/Antirocks, Front Artec Truss & Gusseted, Full Rock Hard Skids, RK 3.5" Max Travel, 37" Nittos, Beadlocks, PS Front Stinger, 10K Winch, LoD Rock Sliders, LoD Shorty Rear w/Tire Carrier
          2018 White JLU Sahara, leather, 2" lift, 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Comment

This is from the State of New Mexico's Traveler's Info:

NEW MEXICO PUBLIC HEALTH & COVID-19 UPDATES

New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham and NMDOH on March 11, 2020, issued a public health emergency, as other states have, in order to maximize the resources available to the state in order to fight the potential spread of the virus and minimize public health risks for New Mexicans.

New Mexico has a centralized health department, making it much easier to coordinate infectious disease investigations.
            CURRENT RESTRICTIONS, AS OF JULY 1, 2020 ARE AS FOLLOWS:
            Jeff
            2013 JKU Rubicon w/Antirocks, Front Artec Truss & Gusseted, Full Rock Hard Skids, RK 3.5" Max Travel, 37" Nittos, Beadlocks, PS Front Stinger, 10K Winch, LoD Rock Sliders, LoD Shorty Rear w/Tire Carrier

Comment

Well, this isnt good news.. I am out as much as I would like to have a 2 week vakay

Comment

Originally posted by dboat View Post
                Well, this isnt good news.. I am out as much as I would like to have a 2 week vakay
                Rick is going to speak with the Red River's Mayor and Chamber of Commerce to see what they say before we make any decisions. Let's see what he has to say after he speaks with them before making any cancellations.
                Jeff

Comment

I have a nephew in Arizona telling me the Arizona/New Mexico border is closed. I think it would be a good idea to check State policies on that. I also read that Texas along with a few other states have a 14 day quarantine order for people coming into Texas.

I had plans to visit my nephew in Arizona from July 10 thru the 18th and was hoping to pass though RR on my way back, but I'm cancelling all my plans because as use of all this!

Comment

I have called the lodge that we are staying at and was told it’s business as usual and that the media has once again sensationalized the moment. With that being said we have decided to wait an see what Rick finds out and make an informed decision on those facts. We do intend to act responsibly in any case.
                    3 1/2” Clayton lift, 3.1 Falcon shocks, Motobilt rockrails & skids, 37” Dirtylife wheels, Toyo MT tires, homemade bumpers SB 10.000# winch, Rhino rack roof rack, CB & GMRS radios.

Comment

Originally posted by jeep jockey View Post
                      I have called the lodge that we are staying at and was told it’s business as usual and that the media has once again sensationalized the moment. With that being said we have decided to wait an see what Rick finds out and make an informed decision on those facts. We do intend to act responsibly in any case.
                      good guidance.. we will wait as well.. however, I take issue with you acting responsibly, I have been on the trail with you and you do not always act responsible

Comment

That’s another story Dana! The local Marshall Tim Boren states he would go to jail himself before enforcing any quarantine on arrival, ( Tim Boren used to be a LSJC member & Irving Police dept. Detective as well as a friend of ours that is trustworthy. The Lodge where we are staying at Guaranteed 100% money back if Covid 19 restricted our activities there. I’m pretty sure we are going!

Comment

Update............................this run is still happening

I have been in contact with the town of Red River Chamber of Commerce, Town Hall and Mayor Linda Calhoun. I was on a zoom meeting and these are the details from the meeting:

1) The town is open for business and is not going to enforce the Quarantine (In the meeting she explained they have no way to manage who comes and goes and they want visitors to come.)

2) They are going off the June 1st extensions of the order that states restaurants can operate at 50% and bars will be closed. In order to have alcohol in town you have to sit down for a meal.
                          They did say the wineries may be open.

3) They will be enforcing wearing a mask and want everyone to social distance as well as wash your hands. The mask will be required in all businesses. You can only remove it to eat or drink.

4) She did advise if you do not feel safe then do not come. If you do not want to wear a mask then you cannot go into businesses. If you are outdoors and distant you do not need a mask for
                          that. If you need a mask and don't have one you can go to the visitors center and pick one up.

5) She also advised to check your reservations just to ensure they have no changes however she feels everyone will be welcoming visitors.

6) They only allow 5 to gather so as it stands we will meet up to go on the trails however we will be unable to have a meet up and provide dinner as we were planning.

This gives you all the information we have so that you can make your own decision. Let me know if you have any questions.
                          Rick Spigelmyer (214) 251-7092

?

BLING!!!!! Is My Favorite Color
                          If it don't shine......... It ain't mine !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeep jockey View Post
                            Good Deal! Yall have fun, be safe!

Comment

Gaylia and Marvin Hughes will be in Red River 7/8-7/13
                              easy trails

Comment

I received the cancellation of my room late last night.. due to the below.. go to paragraph 6

https://www.newmexico.gov/2020/07/01...-health-order/

Kim and I are out at this time.. and we really wanted to get away for a while too

Comment

Working...
                                X