Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(CANCELLED) Jim Parker Memorial Run (CANCELLED)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dboat
    replied
    yeah, they caved to the pressure.. got notified just after I posted..

Leave a comment:

• Bearkat
    replied
    Originally posted by dboat View Post
    We are attending the Jeep Jamboree in Llano this weekend. Its on but they have made major changes to allow for the CDC guidelines.. am just glad to be able to attend. I wouldn't fault the board in its decision here at all.
    I saw that the Texas Spur Jeep Jamboree in Llano was postponed and not happening this weekend. Have you double checked, Dana?

https://jeepjamboreeusa.com/trip/16th-texas-spur-2020/

Last edited by Bearkat; 03-17-2020, 01:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dboat
    replied
    We are attending the Jeep Jamboree in Llano this weekend. Its on but they have made major changes to allow for the CDC guidelines.. am just glad to be able to attend. I wouldn't fault the board in its decision here at all.

Leave a comment:

• NVRDUN
    replied
    I agree with this call and supports the BOD's decision on this. It is never easy to call off an official event but in this case it was the best move.

Leave a comment:

• Hardtimes
    replied
    Originally posted by Skip View Post
    Think I can get my $70.00 camping reservation back from Barnwell? No one there to call about it till day before I arrive.
    I doubt it according to the website. It says "no exceptions" unless the park closes.

I have a cabin out there.......2 nights $190.00

We really hated to do this but we feel the safety and well being of the club and it's members had to be put first.

Leave a comment:

• FluffyBunny
    replied
    Think I can get my $70.00 camping reservation back from Barnwell? No one there to call about it till day before I arrive.
    Probably not. Their website says that you can cancel within 7 days and get a refund less $15. That's what I did. It could be worse, you could still go, potentially contract the virus, and end up spending more than $70. Heck, a few over the counter cold remedy products would cost you that.

Leave a comment:

• Bearkat
    replied
    Some will still be out there wheeling. But it will not be a club sponsored event so no dinner or raffle.

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hardtimes
    replied
    Folks,

With everything going on with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) the BOD feels it in the best interest of the individuals attending and the best interest of the club to cancel (postpone) this event. We feel everything would be alright as far as the wheeling part but the mass of people getting together for dinner/raffle it would be to many people in close contact. As of right now BMRA is still open. I would strongly suggest if you are still planning to go please check with the park to make sure nothing has changed.

THERE WILL NOT BE DINNER/RAFFLE OR LARGE GET TOGETHER!!

Please read below a statement from CDC.

Guidance as of 3/15/2020

Large events and mass gatherings can contribute to the spread of COVID-19 in the United States via travelers who attend these events and introduce the virus to new communities. Examples of large events and mass gatherings include conferences, festivals, parades, concerts, sporting events, weddings, and other types of assemblies. These events can be planned not only by organizations and communities but also by individuals.

Therefore, CDC, in accordance with its guidance for
    large events and mass gatherings, recommends that for the next 8 weeks, organizers (whether groups or individuals) cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States.
    Last edited by Hardtimes; 03-16-2020, 01:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• quickclyde
    replied
    MUD? MUD? did someone say MUD? I think Ill have to make this one, as usual I can tail gun a medium group

Leave a comment:

• Mountain65
    replied
    Looks like I'm going to have another passenger, 2/2. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• VaultBoy
    replied
    I will be coming, medium just me

Leave a comment:

• RustyCJ3A
    replied
    Richard Hansen - RustyCJ3A - EASY TRAIL, 4 adults, 1 Foster Kiddos we will be in new Taco unfortunately as the CJ3a is still under construction.

I will be there Friday evening we have two of the small bunkhouse cabins rented the first night and one on Saturday night. Going to test the Tacoma on the easy stuff only as it is a daily driver.

If anyone has an extra seat or two and is open for passengers - copilot please give me a call. 214-616-4810 cell

. ? ??????? ? ? ?

Leave a comment:

• FluffyBunny
    replied
    Scratch me from attendance. Rain predicted for most of the week so I'll pass on mud wheeling. Thanks. I canceled my bunkhouse reservation too so it should be available.

Leave a comment:

• stickerhead
    replied
    Your kinda of group! Troublemakers!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X