Announcement

Collapse

UPCOMING OFFICIAL & Unofficial LSJC EVENTS 2019:

***Trail Leader Bootcamp*** - POSTPONED TO LATER DATE - Stay Tuned!

*5/3/19 - 5/4/19 - Fun-Run 2019 (Hot Springs, AR)

*5/9/19 - 5/12/19 - CRAWL Magazine Readers Ride (Wolf Caves, TX)

See more
See less

New Guys Bootcamp (Redneck Off-Road Heaven) - OFFICIAL LSJC EVENT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guys Bootcamp (Redneck Off-Road Heaven) - OFFICIAL LSJC EVENT

IMG_1427.JPG?

New Guys Bootcamp

Saturday March 9, 2019 - Redneck Off-Road Heaven (Ardmore, OK)

We will hold the New Guys Bootcamp (formally the New Guys 101) at Redneck Off-Road Heaven (Ardmore, OK) on Saturday, March 9th. This event is designed mostly for new wheelers. If you have never been offroad before or want to learn more about offroading, come on out and we will help you understand the basics. We will also cover the best techniques for a safe and fun time on the trails.

The day will consist of a drivers meeting/discussion about wheeling basics. Following the driver's meeting/discussion, we will break up into groups, and Trail Leaders will cover vehicle specific topics with their groups (disconnects, airing down, etc.). Then...we'll hit the trails and put that training to work.
    Please indicate whether you are coming to attend the class or simply coming out to get some wheeling therapy...
    • When: Saturday / March 9th, 2019
    • Time: 9:15am till dusk
    • Where: Redneck Off-Road Heaven (Ardmore, OK)
    • Cost: $10.00 per person entry fee
    PARK INFORMATION
    For more details on Redneck Off-Road Heaven, please click the link below.

https://www.facebook.com/redneckoffroadheaven/

Redneck Off-Road Heaven
    12875 W Old Highway 70
    Ardmore, OK 73401
    (580) 257-9782

*This park is located at 12875 W Old Hwy 70 in Mannsville, OK. Use Ardmore for GPS.

**Entry fee is $10 per person, not per vehicle.

***Park is open 7 days a week.
    EVENT SCHEDULE
    • 8:00 AM: Park Opens. Check in your vehicle at the office.
    • 8:30 AM: Meet inside the park for greetings and salutations
    • 9:00 AM: Class begins
    • 9:45 AM: Meet with Trail Leaders for continued training and vehicle overview
    • 10:30 AM: Head out on the trails with Trail Leaders.
    • Lunch: Called by Trail Leaders and group
    • Afternoon: Head back out for more fun!!!

***We will plan a group convoy to the park for anyone interested in driving over as a group. Please note when you sign up if you would like to convoy. Thanks!

**Convoy Meet Up Details:

We will meet at the TA Denton gas station (I-35 and U.S. 77, Exit 471, MM 471) outside of Denton off I-35W at 6:15am and leave no later than 6:30am. We will stop to fuel up/top off gas tanks closer to the park. Please feel free to text me if you have questions or are joining us in route and not at the meet-up location. My # is 940-765-3058. We will be traveling on CB channel 8 for the highway travel. Thanks.
    3. Do not allow passengers to stand up in a moving vehicle.
    4. Keep your arms, legs, hands and feet inside the Jeep at all times while the Jeep is moving.
    5. The owner or driver of the vehicle has inspected the vehicle and warrants that it is in good mechanical condition and properly insured.
    6. Drive slow and in a common sense manner. Speed and power are not required to drive offroad.
    7. Do not do anything to endanger yourself or your passengers.
    8. Be alert outside your Jeep for the safety of others who may be in close proximity.
    9. Soft top vehicles are required to have a roll bar.
    10. Please follow all safety instructions.
    11. Set your handbrake if you leave the Jeep.
    12. Always place a piece of canvas, jacket, towel or something else over the winch cable while winching.
    13. Always make sure there are at least 5 wraps of cable remaining on the drum before winching.
    14. Always keep everyone as far away as possible from the cable when you are winching. This should be at least thirty feet.
    15. Keep your hands and fingers clear when reeling the winch cable onto the spool.
    16. The winch cable should be free of kinks and broken strands.
    17. Keep the Jeep behind you in sight at all times.
    ***By registering for this event, you agree to abide by these rules, and agree to follow any and all instructions from Trail Leaders and LSJC Directors.

TOOLS and NECESSITIES
    The following are some basic tools/equipment that are handy to have for these events:
    1. CB (not mandatory, but best form of communication on trails)
    2. Tow points front and rear on vehicle (winch, D-rings, etc.)
    3. Tow strap (not mandatory, but good to have handy)
    4. Basic tools (to disconnect swaybar, lug wrench, tire gauge, etc.)
    5. Onboard fire extinquisher (at least one)
    6. Energy
    7. Food (lunch can be done on the trail, or some may choose to run into town for quick lunch)
    8. Water...plenty of water (***no alcohol is allowed on the trails)

TRAIL RATINGS and GROUP DESCRIPTIONS

New Guys Bootcamp Sign-up:
    Trail Leaders:
    1. RAWRR (trail leader/class instructor)
    2. LostHi (gunner)
    3. Creature
    4. Alice_in_jeepland (gunner)
    5. Obsession (spotter/assist with class) (without the Jeep)
    6. Hardtimes (spotter/assist with class) (without the Jeep)
    7. volintejas (gunner, if needed)

Members:
    1. Stella
    2. JeepinGerry
    3. Ol_Yeller
    4. Billy Oldham
    5. VaultBoy
    6. tenagle
    7. the sarge
    8. SoullessJeepher
    9. GuyFouche
    10. albertovado
    11. Remedy
    12. Remedy's daughter
    13. DougieC
    14. Burnin Money
    15. dboelter
    16. Krayz
    17. Russell Oliphant
    18. Wanderlust
    19. Airborne2
    20. DonJBear
    21. ghostrider
    22. bartman
    23. eder214
    24. KHenry
    25. Mo
    26. hondo
    27. Primal
    28. JeepOps
    29. DesertRat
    30. Dangerwagon
    31. cartxmo
    32. Propdoc

Facebook Additions:
    1. Jacob Bradley
    2. Curtis Begin
    3. Julie Ann Sanderson
    4. Jessica Nelson
    5. David Mills
    6. Lauralee Golightly
    7. Karin Thacker Lamb
    8. James Brant
    9. Tim Chism
    10. Rachel Davis
    11. Nick Schoeneberger
    12. Craig Rigby
    13. Curtis Begin
    14. Rich DeSefano
    15. Christi Cummings
    16. Bill White
    17. Kirk Mcbee
    18. Ronnie Bormann
    19. Tom N Cynthia Horn
    20. Melissa Jackson
    21. Brent Crowder
    22. Paul Seo Pita
    ==== ==== ==== ==== ====
    Last edited by Bearkat; 04-12-2019, 08:30 AM.

Darla Ivie aka Obsession
    Cell: 940-765-3058
    2015 JKU Rubicon Unlimited - ‘Obsession’
    2001 TJ - 'Ol' Yeller'

LSJC Event Director, Trail Leader, June '18 JOTM, August '18 JOTM, January '19 JOTM, IG/FB: @jeepjunkie8

In, and will be part of the morning convoy.
    Rob Anderson
    JKU HardRock (Black Widow II)
    *Honorary Member

Comment

Going to try and make this. Putting it on my work calendar so they get the message to not bother me that day.
      Jeff
      2013 JKU Rubicon w/4.10s, Antirocks, Front Artec Truss & Gusseted, Full Rock Hard Skids, PS Evap Skid, RK 3.5" Max Travel, 5100s, 35" Toyos, PS Front Stinger, 10K Winch, LoD Rock Sliders, LoD Shorty Rear w/Tire Carrier
      2018 White JLU Sahara, leather, 2" lift, 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Comment

Originally posted by RAWRR View Post
        In, and will be part of the morning convoy.
        If only I had a Jeep........I mean a running Jeep.
        Rick Spigelmyer (214) 251-7092

?

BLING!!!!! Is My Favorite Color
        If it don't shine......... It ain't mine !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hardtimes View Post

Brenda has one.
          Jeff
          2013 JKU Rubicon w/4.10s, Antirocks, Front Artec Truss & Gusseted, Full Rock Hard Skids, PS Evap Skid, RK 3.5" Max Travel, 5100s, 35" Toyos, PS Front Stinger, 10K Winch, LoD Rock Sliders, LoD Shorty Rear w/Tire Carrier

Comment

Originally posted by Hardtimes View Post

Get it fixed already!!! I mean seriously!! We have some great runs coming up!!

Darla Ivie aka Obsession
            2001 TJ - 'Ol' Yeller'

LSJC Event Director, Trail Leader, June '18 JOTM, August '18 JOTM, January '19 JOTM, IG/FB: @jeepjunkie8

Comment

has anyone been there before? I looked at their FB page and it looked like one big mudhole.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan W View Post
                has anyone been there before? I looked at their FB page and it looked like one big mudhole.
                Good question.
                Jeff

Comment

I h8 mud!
                  Jeff

Comment

Here is a pretty good video. On all the offroad site it considers most of the trails as beginner to easy which is great for a New guys run for beginners it is only 200 acres so it is a small park. It will be a muddy mess if it rains as all the trails are dirt and it seem most of the pictures are from when it was wet. I think it will be a good place for this type of event.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAS0ayDfz1U
                    Mostly Stock - 2005 TJ Ford 1 tons with 5.13 gears, RCV axles and ARBs, Reid Racing knuckles, Atlas 5.0, Vanco Hydroboost, PSC steering and Hydro assist 4" teraflex long arm Metalcloak fenders

Comment

Yes, I have been here. This is not Redneck with Paychecks. This is Redneck Off-Road Heaven in Ardmore, OK. It has a great beginner park with lots of hills, trails, creek beds to run. See pics below for some of the pics from my last trip there.

RH1.jpgRH4.jpgRH3.jpgRH8.jpg RH5.jpg
                      Attached Files

Darla Ivie aka Obsession
                      2001 TJ - 'Ol' Yeller'

Comment

Originally posted by Bearkat View Post

Good question.
                        Of course I have, I scoped it all out and have ran the park before. I do my research, folks.

Darla Ivie aka Obsession
                        2001 TJ - 'Ol' Yeller'

Comment

Originally posted by Obsession View Post

Of course I have, I scoped it all out and have ran the park before. I do my research, folks.
                          TRUST Darla... She is on top of ALL the events..!
                          James NVRDUN Foster

83 CJ-7, 4.5 Rubicon Express Suspension, 35" BFG Krawlers, Rancho 9000's, 258 In-line six, T-18, Dana 20 Transfer Case w/Terra Low, 4:56 Gears, SunRay Ford 9 Inch Rear w/Detroit Locker, Dana 30 w/LockRight, Plates \"NVRDUN\" and A Proud Member of The Lone Star Jeep Club

Comment

Originally posted by Obsession View Post

This is not Redneck with Paychecks. This is Redneck Off-Road Heaven in Ardmore, OK.
                            I know that, I'm saying that looking at the Redneck Off-Road Heaven page it looks like a mudhole. They didn't have a single dry pic on there.
                            https://www.facebook.com/pg/rednecko...=page_internal

Comment

I know that, I'm saying that looking at the Redneck Off-Road Heaven page it looks like a mudhole. They didn't have a single dry pic on there.
                              https://www.facebook.com/pg/rednecko...=page_internal
                              Well, it has been raining non-stop for months now, so I am sure that there are some puddles and mud at this time. I am hoping by the time March arrives, things will have dried out some. The park has a lot of rock and gravel so will hopefully dry out quickly. Every park at this time has mud holes due to the amount of rain that we have had in this area. I've heard Bridgeport is pretty much nothing but one giant mud hole at this time. From my pics, you will see that the park is nice when it is dry. So fingers crossed that the rain slows up in the little over a month we have left before this event. I would still pick this park in a heart beat for a New Guys Run over Bridgeport after a rain. As with any park there are areas where people want to play in the mud, but you can also see that there are lots of areas with gravel and rocky trails to ride as well. Hope you come out and join us and get a first hand look, Nathan W. I think you will be surprised. It's really a great park.

Darla Ivie aka Obsession
                              2001 TJ - 'Ol' Yeller'

Comment

Working...
                              X