In Need of a Closed (cargo) Trailer for Hurricane Relief Delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Need of a Closed (cargo) Trailer for Hurricane Relief Delivery

As part of the Hurricane Harvey Relief Effort, I am needing to use a cargo trailer to haul the supplies down to their distribution location, in Vidor.
    The delivery convoy team will be driving down on Sunday, Sept. 10 after the collections are completed.

I have volunteered to drive down as part of the convoy, using my truck.
    If you have a trailer that we can use for this effort, it would greatly be appreciated. This will prevent having to rent one.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Rob (RAWRR) Anderson
    LSJC Event Director
    Last edited by NVRDUN; 08-29-2017, 05:39 PM.
    Rob Anderson
    JKU HardRock (Black Widow II)
    *Honorary Member

Even a toy hauler will work folks. You can pack lots of supplies where that Jeep rides.
    James NVRDUN Foster

83 CJ-7, 4.5 Rubicon Express Suspension, 35" BFG Krawlers, Rancho 9000's, 258 In-line six, T-18, Dana 20 Transfer Case w/Terra Low, 4:56 Gears, SunRay Ford 9 Inch Rear w/Detroit Locker, Dana 30 w/LockRight, Plates \"NVRDUN\" and A Proud Member of The Lone Star Jeep Club

Comment

Originally posted by James NVRDUN Foster View Post
      Even a toy hauler will work folks. You can pack lots of supplies where that Jeep rides.
      Most of the people with toy hauler are goose neck and I think he needs a bumper pull. You might want to reach out to some of the trailer dealer as I know a couple of friends that were able to borrow trailers.

Comment

I've heard this before (this type of story plays after each major disaster) but this was a good reminder that sometimes the best/most effective donation is cash to a reputable charity. During the initial response boats and water were needed, but now that the relieve agencies have arrived (Red Cross, National Guard, etc) cash may go further and provide less logistical struggles.

I know that this doesn't feel as "good" but just saying. A group from another group in N. Texas just did a convoy and some mentioned that road conditions are not necessarily great and they still found areas with high water.

Tim

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/best-in...ng-but-relief/

Comment

Working...
        X