Beach Camping Tips & Tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beach Camping Tips & Tricks

I'm looking for some ideas so that I can create a document that may be downloaded for the upcoming Padre Island Beach Bash.

For those of you that have taken the Jeep and camped on the beach, what are some tips or tricks that you have learned? Anything you didn't do or bring that you wish you had?

LSJC Trail Leader - LSJC Moderator
    2013 JKU Rubicon w/Antirocks, Front Artec Truss & Gusseted, Full Rock Hard Skids, RK 3.5" Max Travel, 37" Nittos, Beadlocks, PS Front Stinger, 10K Winch, LoD Rock Sliders, LoD Shorty Rear w/Tire Carrier
    2018 White JLU Sahara, leather, 2" lift, 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

The last time I took a Jeep to the Beach (early 90's), it left on tow truck. ..broke the transmission input shaft. So my advise is the sand can be just as hard on a Jeep as the rocks. Being in my early 20's had a bit to do with it too.... ;)

If camping on the sand...having one of those cheap plastic grass door mats and a way to rinse your feet off will help limit sand in the tent. ...won't stop it...sand gets into everything no matter what.

Comment

Tarp and two bamboo poles and you have a nice and effective sun shade. Hammocks are nice as well and can attach to two jeeps. Also pack two coolers if you can, fill one up with what you need to keep cold & fill your brute up with only ice and dont open it until a few days into the trip you will have ice the whole trip. Head lamps are helpful at night and keeps both your hands free.

Comment

Don't mistake the cooking spray for insect repellant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Woodside View Post
          Don't mistake the cooking spray for insect repellant
          That goes for either use!!!

2013 JKU Rubicon w/Antirocks, Front Artec Truss & Gusseted, Full Rock Hard Skids, RK 3.5" Max Travel, 37" Nittos, Beadlocks, PS Front Stinger, 10K Winch, LoD Rock Sliders, LoD Shorty Rear w/Tire Carrier

Comment

Don"t put Hermit Crabs in your cooler and think they will live till you get home. Old childhood memory, that came with a butt whipping if I remember correctly, and a discarded cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtech View Post
              Don"t put Hermit Crabs in your cooler and think they will live till you get home. Old childhood memory, that came with a butt whipping if I remember correctly, and a discarded cooler.

Comment

Stay off the dunes. Tickets are hiiiiiggghh

Comment

Does it get real windy out there? From some videos I've seen it looks like it does. Also, was there any issues keeping the tent staked down? I was thinking of using the tent stakes to make a dead man anchor. Did anyone bring firewood or was there enough driftwood found to use for camp fires?

Comment

It is always windy.
                    Rusty Kennedy 2015 rubicon, shrockworks mid front bumper, shrockworks back bumper, warn 9.5ti winch, 3" Teraflex lift, 35" KM 2's. Poison Spyder fenders and crusher panels

Comment

Pitch the tent with the door facing away from the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying M View Post
                        Pitch the tent with the door facing away from the water.
                        Not trying to be snide but I am not sure I understand this. What is the reason?

Comment

Originally posted by NeilAgg View Post
                          Not trying to be snide but I am not sure I understand this. What is the reason?
                          Helps minimize the amount of sand blown in to it.
                          aka Pam

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Comment

Originally posted by The Better Half View Post
                            Helps minimize the amount of sand blown in to it.
                            That makes sense since the wind comes off the ocean. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by NeilAgg View Post
                              That makes sense since the wind comes off the ocean. Thanks for the clarification.
                              Yep. Although nothing I have found keeps all the sand out of the tent, this does help minimize it, especially if windy and/or there is any traffic on the beach.

Comment

Working...
                              X