Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$20 Microchipping at Hank's Texas Grill in McKinney - For your Dog...Not you.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • $20 Microchipping at Hank's Texas Grill in McKinney - For your Dog...Not you.

    $20 Microchipping at Hank's Texas Grill in McKinney

    Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 11:00am to 4:00pm

    Location:
    Hank's Texas Grill 1310 North Central Expressway McKinney, TX 75069

    MicroChipping is the best way for your pet to find their way back to you if they are lost. A chip the size of a grain of rice is inserted between their shoulder blades and has a code. When your animal is scanned, that number correlates to your provided information in the national database. GDRNT will enter your info into the database and update that info if you let us know it changes. All this for $20!!

    We will also have RAFFLE tickets to win a $1,000 worth of visa gift cards at a drawing April 20th. You need not be present to win but you won't want to miss DANEFEST! Check our calendar event for registration and information.

    A limited number of t shirts, sweatshirts, magnets and car decals will also be available in exchange for minimum donations.

    So come on out to the patio of HANK's and get your pet chipped!

  • #2
    What about kids? Oh wait these arent gps. Dang it!
    2015 JKUR Red
    2013 JKUR Black SOLD
    2005 LJR Red SOLD
    2004 TJ Silver SOLD
    1993 YJ White SOLD

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RedRubiconLJ View Post
      What about kids? Oh wait these arent gps. Dang it!
      Nope...Not GPS. :) Sorry.

      Comment


      • #4
        Bump...This is not this Saturday, but Next. If your dog is not microchipped, this is a great way to get this done at a reasonable cost. And, Hank's has some really good food. I am planning on bringing both Max and Blue with me. And, I might bring Tim. :)

        Comment


        • #5
          Is there an Annual charge to keep the chip active?


          ~JDub

          Sent from this **** Thing

          Comment


          • #6
            No, I do not believe so. The rescue will keep the information active, and if you move all you have to do is contact them, and they will change your contact information for you.

            Comment


            • #7
              Does it hurt the dog a lot or is it just like a shot? Do they hurt any afterwards?
              Sorry I have not owned very many dogs and never had one micro-chipped.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by nsjeep View Post
                Does it hurt the dog a lot or is it just like a shot? Do they hurt any afterwards?
                Sorry I have not owned very many dogs and never had one micro-chipped.
                No, it doesn't hurt them at all. They might feel a little pinch like when they get a shot, but you have to remember that a dog's level of feeling pain is much different than a human's. Basically, a microchip is the size of a piece of rice that is generally placed between the shoulder blades. It is super easy and super quick. They also do not hurt afterwards.

                I always think that when my dogs get their shots that it is going to hurt, but it never does. They don't even have a clue that the vet is poking them with something. My pup, Max, has to have a lump looked at the other day, and the vet rooted around in the lump with the needle for a bit, and Max never mad any sound indicating that he was in any type of pain. They can definitely handle a lot more than we can. Remember, their skin is thicker and they have a layer of fur as well. Mom dog would carry them in her mouth by her teeth, and puppy's play really rough with each other.

                $20 is a really great price for the microchip and the peace of mind. Max was chipped before we brought him home from the breeder, and Blue was chipped by the rescue before we adopted her.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I don't remember if I confirmed anywhere else, but I will be there.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by QChaos View Post
                    I don't remember if I confirmed anywhere else, but I will be there.
                    I figured when you messaged me on Facebook for the date that you were planning on going. I am not sure if I am going to actually volunteer for this one or just go with Max and Blue. If we take Max, we will have to take him home early I am sure because he will get worn out to quickly unless we can find someplace to let him lay down and relax for most of the time. We will talk later as far as figuring out timing. k?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bounty's Wife View Post
                      No, it doesn't hurt them at all. They might feel a little pinch like when they get a shot, but you have to remember that a dog's level of feeling pain is much different than a human's. Basically, a microchip is the size of a piece of rice that is generally placed between the shoulder blades. It is super easy and super quick. They also do not hurt afterwards.

                      I always think that when my dogs get their shots that it is going to hurt, but it never does. They don't even have a clue that the vet is poking them with something. My pup, Max, has to have a lump looked at the other day, and the vet rooted around in the lump with the needle for a bit, and Max never mad any sound indicating that he was in any type of pain. They can definitely handle a lot more than we can. Remember, their skin is thicker and they have a layer of fur as well. Mom dog would carry them in her mouth by her teeth, and puppy's play really rough with each other.

                      $20 is a really great price for the microchip and the peace of mind. Max was chipped before we brought him home from the breeder, and Blue was chipped by the rescue before we adopted her.
                      Thanks will plan on being there.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Wonderful, Nick. Look forward to seeing you!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          How about cats

                          😂 Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 😂

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I don't know about cats. Let me ask.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Shockwaveaz View Post
                              How about cats

                              �� Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 ��
                              The answer is Yes, normally, if there is a "safe" area where all doors can be closed in case the cat decides that they want to take off. We don't really know what the set up at Hank's is because we have never been there before to do this type of event, so I can't give you a 100% YES answer. Now, I suppose if your cat is leash trained as is secured on a leash/harness thing that they cant get out of, it would be just like chipping a dog attached to a leash, and then it wouldn't matter if there is a "safe" room.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X