Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket night sights questions

d
    Last edited by nealxam; 03-12-2012, 01:10 PM.

I have used the Meprolight and Trijicon 3 Dot night sights. They are fine and serve their purpose well. I've put thousands of rounds through my Glocks and none of the sights ever flew off. I install them myself and put red lock-tite under the front sight and rear sight once my zero is established. Another option would be Heinie sights. Their style gives you a little longer sight radius like the Novak back from the dovetail on the slide and their is a set bolt that adds tension to the rear sight while in the dovetail to prevent it from sliding or coming loose. I run those on my competition Glock and don't worry about impacts while traversing the obstacle courses.

Comment

d
      Last edited by nealxam; 03-12-2012, 01:09 PM.

Comment

d

Comment

Couple others. I dont use them but they have peaked my interest. I use Meprolight and have used Trij.

WELCOME TO Put The Odds In Your Favor. BUY NOW! IF YOU CAN’T HIT WHAT YOU SHOOT AT, WHAT’S THE POINT OF HAVING A GUN?You own a handgun to hit what you shoot at, right? Whether it’s defending yourself and loved ones, sporting competitions, or just target practice, an accurate and easily-seen sight will help […]
          Last edited by RedRubiconLJ; 05-23-2011, 09:59 AM.
          2015 JKUR Red
          2013 JKUR Black SOLD
          2005 LJR Red SOLD
          2004 TJ Silver SOLD
          1993 YJ White SOLD

Comment

On the Trijicon HD's I can see their usefulness. When shooting in a combat or competition environment you should always focus on your front sight. When the dot is larger it should be easier to pick up the front sight faster and if you are remotely close with the rear's you'll hit the target, especially when time is of the essence.
            On the Heinie Ledge's it is a useful tool if you need to reload one handed. The ledge on the rear allows you to rack the slide off a belt or boot. I don't use the ledge sights because I don't want the ledge to catch an obstacle. I use the Slant Pros so things can just slide off it. I use an extended slide release on my 34 to release the slide most of the time but can use the rear sight if I had to.
            I typically don't use the dots to align my front and rear sights. I use the top edge of the sights and center them in the rear notch. If I have just painted dots on a pistol, like my Glocks, I black them out. I have a weapon mounted light on my pistol and rely on that most often, but I do see the need for night sights in situations where light discipline are needed.
            Another sight to look at is the Sevigny/Warren sights and the Wilson Combat sights as well. Similar to Heinie, Novak etc. I think I may try the Wilson's on a newly acquired Glock.
            Last edited by Insayn; 05-23-2011, 10:23 AM.

Comment

d

Comment

I have those very Meprolights on my secondary primary Glock 31. Not a thing wrong with them. The front did have to be staked/flared, it didn't use a bolt.
                Last edited by Insayn; 05-23-2011, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X