Someone give me a Suggestion on Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone give me a Suggestion on Insurance

So after moving here from Virginia and having to update my car insurance it went up by $42. In Virginia (VA) I was paying $84 a month for really REALLYYYY great coverage. I cannot even get the bare coverage for that amount here in Texas which I think is ridiculous. For the same coverage I had in VA it will now cost me $126 a month. Is this just how Texas is or do I just have a terrible insurance company????

i am literally having an anxiety attack about the price of insurance here in Texas and if someone could give me some glimmer of hope for my bank account I would appreciate it.

Who do you use for insurance? I'm pretty sure Texas is higher than the national average compared to Virginia.

Comment

Originally posted by pcho724 View Post
      Who do you use for insurance? I'm pretty sure Texas is higher than the national average compared to Virginia.
      especially North Texas, I moved to Central Texas and mine dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by pcho724 View Post
        I use State Farm, and they are known for usually having the best deal

Comment

My advice is the following.. IF you are a homeowner, you will find that bundling all your coverages with one insurer will likely net you the best overall deal. Having said this, be sure to check the coverages being quoted to make sure they are all the same. And the level of coverage is what you are looking to have. As an example, my homeowners was replacement cost coverage, so when the tornado hit my home, once my deductible was met, Allstate paid for all the other repairs in full. Same with your vehicle, however, if you are driving an older Jeep, the value of said Jeep, may be all over the place, so you may want to look into a policy that has a minimum value that you would be paid, should your Jeep get totaled. The same tornado threw a 2x4 through the rear window of my truck, causing the sunroof to explode, so I had glass and water damage throughout the interior of the truck and it had to be completely repainted as well. There was so much work, I had really hoped it would be totaled, but nope, they wanted to repair it.. I really didnt want it back so traded it for another truck at the dealership.. So just consider outcomes as you get quotes for coverage and check to see what the customer service is like as well. I am very happy with my Allstate policy and will stay there for a while most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by dboat View Post
            My advice is the following.. IF you are a homeowner, you will find that bundling all your coverages with one insurer will likely net you the best overall deal. Having said this, be sure to check the coverages being quoted to make sure they are all the same. And the level of coverage is what you are looking to have. As an example, my homeowners was replacement cost coverage, so when the tornado hit my home, once my deductible was met, Allstate paid for all the other repairs in full. Same with your vehicle, however, if you are driving an older Jeep, the value of said Jeep, may be all over the place, so you may want to look into a policy that has a minimum value that you would be paid, should your Jeep get totaled. The same tornado threw a 2x4 through the rear window of my truck, causing the sunroof to explode, so I had glass and water damage throughout the interior of the truck and it had to be completely repainted as well. There was so much work, I had really hoped it would be totaled, but nope, they wanted to repair it.. I really didnt want it back so traded it for another truck at the dealership.. So just consider outcomes as you get quotes for coverage and check to see what the customer service is like as well. I am very happy with my Allstate policy and will stay there for a while most likely.

thank you this was very helpful!!

Comment

Originally posted by A.Kiss View Post

I use State Farm, and they are known for usually having the best deal
              I have State Farm too. I agree with dboat in checking the coverages being quoted and the level of coverage. Hopefully you are able to find something that falls into your budget while giving you great coverage.

Comment

Try Mercury insurance.

Comment

Not much to add other than consider dropping roadside / towing and or rental coverage if you aren't driving crazy mileage. And if you aren't driving the vehicle for extended lengths of time sometimes you can drop the insurance down but keep the vehicle on the plan.

Comment

Working...
                  X