RIP Ronnie Dickson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Ronnie Dickson

It has been some time since Ronnie was a paid member of LSJC but for those of us who knew him well and wheeled with him over the years we will always have fond memories to look back on. Ronnie was a true CJ brother and if you ever had the chance to have Ronnie lead you across Black Bear in Colorado you knew he was a master trail guide as well. Ronnie loved to tinker with his old CJ and he fabricated most of the parts under his Jeep. Later he was drawn to the JKU platform through his trail guide job in Ouray. He called me one time from Colorado and told me that the “Barbie” Jeep he was driving was sweet and I had better be careful. He was right and I have one of “those” Jeeps too..!

Ronnie and I shared another passion besides Jeep CJ’s and that was woodworking. Over the years we have spent many hours talking about projects, shop tools, woods and technics. I considered Ronnie to be a Master Woodworker and I have learned many things from him over the years. You should see some of his larger projects, they are beautiful. But the truth is if you spend time in Ouray, Co and visit some of the shops and stores in town you will be surrounded by Ronnie’s work. Ronnie left his mark all over Ouray from live edge display tables to store shelves and even handmade store front doors. His work will remain a fixture in down town Ouray Colorado for years to come.

I have been blessed with many things in my life and I am so grateful to have been blessed by his friendship.

Until we meet again....

James NVRDUN Foster

83 CJ-7, 4.5 Rubicon Express Suspension, 35" BFG Krawlers, Rancho 9000's, 258 In-line six, T-18, Dana 20 Transfer Case w/Terra Low, 4:56 Gears, SunRay Ford 9 Inch Rear w/Detroit Locker, Dana 30 w/LockRight, Plates \"NVRDUN\" and A Proud Member of The Lone Star Jeep Club

He will be missed Fish and Chips!
    97’ TJ on 37’s with 4 Angry Squirrels
    2020 F250 Powerstroke Tow Pig

Comment

Rip

Comment

Sorry to hear this!

LSJC Trail Leader - LSJC Moderator
        2013 JKU Rubicon w/Antirocks, Front Artec Truss & Gusseted, Full Rock Hard Skids, RK 3.5" Max Travel, 37" Nittos, Beadlocks, PS Front Stinger, 10K Winch, LoD Rock Sliders, LoD Shorty Rear w/Tire Carrier
        2018 White JLU Sahara, leather, 2" lift, 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Comment

Sorry to hear this. I didn't really know Ronnie but I wheeled with him in the Ouray area several years ago. He came across as good guy that liked to have fun.

Comment

RIP Ronnie
            97 tj with 3.5 lift, 6cyl 5 speed on 35's

Comment

Sorry to hear this. Ronnie was a great guy. I'm grateful for the times we got to wheel with him. A wealth of jeeping knowledge. He will me missed.
              81 Scrambler

2014 Grand Cherokee Diesel 4x4

2017 JK Hardrock 6 speed

Comment

RIP Ronnie..... I always liked talking to him on the few times we did get to trail together.....

Comment

Sorry to hear this, God bless.

Comment

Sad news indeed. I remember wheeling with him in Hot Springs ( I think it was) a couple times.
                    Black 2000 TJ Sport, 4.0L, 5-Spd., RE LA 5.5", 36" IROK's, ARB's front & rear, and more..
                    Amsoil Independent Dealer
                    sigpic
                    www.lubedealer.com/BDS_Lube

Comment

So sorry to hear this.....
                      I met him years ago on our first foray to Ouray. Gold Rush developed a squeal (thought it was brake dust on a caliber, turned out to be the cardon joint of the front driveshaft). He was working at one of the jeep rental places in town and was the only one that took the time to help me.

Comment

Ronnie Dickson memorial service will be January 29th, 10am May God grant you peace Ronnie.
                        Lanes Chapel United Methodist Church
                        8720 Old Jacksonville Hwy Tyler Texas 75703
                        (903) 561-5703
                        https://goo.gl/maps/B8aVpWxrYft4GgC58
                        2015 JKUR Red
                        2013 JKUR Black SOLD
                        2005 LJR Red SOLD
                        2004 TJ Silver SOLD
                        1993 YJ White SOLD

Comment

Working...
                        X