• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot believe these people call themselves Jeepers

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nearly-20...204832409.html
    Joe

01 TJ 4.0 5 Spd.

Similar thing happened last year.
    I’d be surprised if the event doesn’t get cancelled permanently.

Comment

They are going to have to close the beach to the public during that time or at least not allow vehicles to stop this. Too many idiots show up each year. Unfortunately they will just move to a new location such as PINS.
      Last edited by Bearkat; 05-21-2020, 07:32 AM.
      Jeff
      2013 JKU Rubicon w/Antirocks, Front Artec Truss & Gusseted, Full Rock Hard Skids, RK 3.5" Max Travel, 37" Nittos, Beadlocks, PS Front Stinger, 10K Winch, LoD Rock Sliders, LoD Shorty Rear w/Tire Carrier
      2018 White JLU Sahara, leather, 2" lift, 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Comment

Galveston County Sheriff Henry Trochesset said "a majority of those arrested don't own Jeeps." "I can't blame it on the Jeep clubs," the sheriff said.
        Jeff
        2013 JKU Rubicon w/Antirocks, Front Artec Truss & Gusseted, Full Rock Hard Skids, RK 3.5" Max Travel, 37" Nittos, Beadlocks, PS Front Stinger, 10K Winch, LoD Rock Sliders, LoD Shorty Rear w/Tire Carrier
        2018 White JLU Sahara, leather, 2" lift, 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Comment

Originally posted by Bearkat View Post
          Galveston County Sheriff Henry Trochesset said "a majority of those arrested don't own Jeeps." "I can't blame it on the Jeep clubs," the sheriff said.
          This is the real news here, the troublemakers weren't Jeepers. and only 100 or so were arrested last year.. sounds like they need to have a rule that you gots to be in a Jeep to hang with the Jeepers.

Comment

Similar thing started happening in Arizona when I was a boat guy. We'd always go to Lake Havasu on holiday weekends, or whenever we wanted to. There were always party coves and it was just a lot of fun. Then it became known as the happening thing to do if you wanted to party and get stupid. Within 2 years a lot of the people who were out there weren't even boat owners or boat people, they would rent boats for Sea Doo's just to get out to the sand bar, or copper canyon, or any of the party places. Totally ruined it for everyone else. Fights, shootings, sexual assault - eventually we stopped going on big weekends and would just stick to random weekends when we knew the people out there weren't going to make trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearkat View Post
              Yup!! wasnt even Jeepers! Thankfully!
              2015 JKUR Red
              2013 JKUR Black SOLD
              2005 LJR Red SOLD
              2004 TJ Silver SOLD
              1993 YJ White SOLD

Comment

if any LSJC members did anything like this, I’d be very unhappy. I am glad our members represent our club in such a respectful manner. Keep being the better jeepers!
                2004 Jeep TJ - Legacy

Comment

Originally posted by SoullessJeepher View Post
                  if any LSJC members did anything like this, I’d be very unhappy. I am glad our members represent our club in such a respectful manner. Keep being the better jeepers!
                  X2

Comment

Originally posted by SoullessJeepher View Post
                    You bring up a good point. Do the bylaws allow the board or membership to address aberrant behavior? such as removing them from club membership? or any other action?

Comment

Originally posted by dboat View Post
                      You bring up a good point. Do the bylaws allow the board or membership to address aberrant behavior? such as removing them from club membership? or any other action?

Article 7
                      Section 6

4. After providing the member with reasonable written notice and an opportunity to be heard, either orally or in writing, upon a determination by the Executive Committee that the member has engaged in conduct materially and seriously prejudicial to the interests or purposes of the Corporation. The member being ejected shall receive a prorated refund of dues already paid for the current dues period;
                      5. Any member disgracing himself or the club in the public eye will be subject to expulsion from the club, by decision of the Board of Directors.
                      Rick Spigelmyer (214) 251-7092

?

BLING!!!!! Is My Favorite Color
                      If it don't shine......... It ain't mine !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hardtimes View Post

Article 7
                        Section 6

4. After providing the member with reasonable written notice and an opportunity to be heard, either orally or in writing, upon a determination by the Executive Committee that the member has engaged in conduct materially and seriously prejudicial to the interests or purposes of the Corporation. The member being ejected shall receive a prorated refund of dues already paid for the current dues period;
                        5. Any member disgracing himself or the club in the public eye will be subject to expulsion from the club, by decision of the Board of Directors.
                        Sounds pretty clear to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardtimes View Post

Article 7
                          Section 6

Rick, thank you for the quick and on spot response.

Comment

Working...
                          X