Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a small CB radio

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for a small CB radio

    I'm looking for a small CB radio now that I sold my huge radio. What do you use, and what would you like in a CB for your Jeep?
    I would like either a hand held or a small regular one with noaa weather, pa, and possibly wireless mic compatible.
    I'm looking at the Bearcat 880 and Uniden CMX 760 off-road.

  • #2
    I just installed this one and so far I pretty happy with it. For a small CB it has a lot of things you find on the larger units.

    https://www.rightchannelradios.com/c...president-bill

    Here is where I mounted mine.



    Last edited by NVRDUN; 12-29-2019, 09:46 AM.
    James NVRDUN Foster


    83 CJ-7, 4.5 Rubicon Express Suspension, 35" BFG Krawlers, Rancho 9000's, 258 In-line six, T-18, Dana 20 Transfer Case w/Terra Low, 4:56 Gears, SunRay Ford 9 Inch Rear w/Detroit Locker, Dana 30 w/LockRight, Plates \"NVRDUN\" and A Proud Member of The Lone Star Jeep Club

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by NVRDUN View Post
      I just installed this one and so far I pretty happy with it. For a small CB it has a lot of things you find on the larger units.

      https://www.rightchannelradios.com/c...president-bill

      Here is where I mounted mine.



      i looked at that one also, but I would like one with a pa jack and if I remember correctly Bill doesn’t have one.

      Comment


      • #4
        this is one I’m looking at. But it’s bigger than I really like.

        Uniden BEARCAT 880 CB Radio with 40 Channels and Large Easy-to-Read 7-Color LCD Display with Backlighting, Backlit Control Knobs/Buttons, NOAA Weather Alert, PA/CB Switch, and Wireless Mic Compatible https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006TA2F1M..._.pncEbRV63AM6

        Comment


        • #5
          this is the one I’m leaning toward. But I’m not sure.

          Uniden CMX760 Bearcat Off Road Series Compact Mobile CB Radio, 40-Channel Operation, Ultra-Compact for Easy Mounting, Large 7-Color Backlit LCD Display on Mic with Built-in Speaker Mic, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XJG6NYB..._vtncEbEPF7TE9

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Brown Mule View Post
            this is the one I’m leaning toward. But I’m not sure.

            Uniden CMX760 Bearcat Off Road Series Compact Mobile CB Radio, 40-Channel Operation, Ultra-Compact for Easy Mounting, Large 7-Color Backlit LCD Display on Mic with Built-in Speaker Mic, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XJG6NYB..._vtncEbEPF7TE9
            I heard good things from people that run that one plus the main unit can be mounted under the dash.
            Jeff
            2013 JKU Rubicon w/Antirocks, Front Artec Truss & Gusseted, Full Rock Hard Skids, RK 3.5" Max Travel, 37" Nittos, Beadlocks, PS Front Stinger, 10K Winch, LoD Rock Sliders, LoD Shorty Rear w/Tire Carrier
            2018 White JLU Sahara, leather, 2" lift, 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

            Comment


            • #7
              I still use my CB but vastly prefer using my GMRS instead. The quality and range is exceptional. Now just need more people to adopt to the future of off road communications.
              Jeff
              2013 JKU Rubicon w/Antirocks, Front Artec Truss & Gusseted, Full Rock Hard Skids, RK 3.5" Max Travel, 37" Nittos, Beadlocks, PS Front Stinger, 10K Winch, LoD Rock Sliders, LoD Shorty Rear w/Tire Carrier
              2018 White JLU Sahara, leather, 2" lift, 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

              Comment


              • #8
                With GMRS would a license be needed? If so how does one go about getting it?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Brown Mule View Post
                  With GMRS would a license be needed? If so how does one go about getting it?
                  Simple, pay $70 and it covers you & your family for 10 years, no test.

                  https://baofengtech.com/blog/Fr/Post...GMRS%20License
                  Jeff
                  2013 JKU Rubicon w/Antirocks, Front Artec Truss & Gusseted, Full Rock Hard Skids, RK 3.5" Max Travel, 37" Nittos, Beadlocks, PS Front Stinger, 10K Winch, LoD Rock Sliders, LoD Shorty Rear w/Tire Carrier
                  2018 White JLU Sahara, leather, 2" lift, 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

                  Comment


                  • #10

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I figured since it was a BEARCAT, you would be all over it

                      Uniden CMX760 Bearcat

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dboat View Post
                        I figured since it was a BEARCAT, you would be all over it

                        Uniden CMX760 Bearcat


                        Good one!! LOL!


                        Comment


                        • #13











                          Jeff
                          2013 JKU Rubicon w/Antirocks, Front Artec Truss & Gusseted, Full Rock Hard Skids, RK 3.5" Max Travel, 37" Nittos, Beadlocks, PS Front Stinger, 10K Winch, LoD Rock Sliders, LoD Shorty Rear w/Tire Carrier
                          2018 White JLU Sahara, leather, 2" lift, 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bearkat View Post
                            I still use my CB but vastly prefer using my GMRS instead. The quality and range is exceptional. Now just need more people to adopt to the future of off road communications.



                            So, would a GMRS radio be able to communicate with a CB? I looked up some and am learning about GMRS. It's interesting. Would you suggest a dual band radio? From what I read, I may be able to with a dual band radio. I'm moving away from CBs because when I travel not many radios are out there anyway.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              GMRS and dual band HAM radios will not communicate with CBs. They operate on different frequencies. To use a dual band HAM, you will need to get a HAM license.
                              Jeff
                              2013 JKU Rubicon w/Antirocks, Front Artec Truss & Gusseted, Full Rock Hard Skids, RK 3.5" Max Travel, 37" Nittos, Beadlocks, PS Front Stinger, 10K Winch, LoD Rock Sliders, LoD Shorty Rear w/Tire Carrier
                              2018 White JLU Sahara, leather, 2" lift, 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X