Announcement

Collapse

UPCOMING OFFICIAL & Unofficial LSJC EVENTS 2019:

*7/25/19-7/28/19 - Milky Way Run (Big Bend National Park) - OFFICIAL LSJC RUN

*7/27/19-8/3/19 ALL-4-FUN Event - (Buena Vista, CO)

*8/3/19 - LSJC Summer Party (Member's Only) - (Rowlett)

See more
See less

Bad month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad month

My family could use prayers! To start with my mom fell and broke her femur in Mathis (South Texas)the 11th of may yes, the day before Mothers Day, she was in the hospital for 17 days now she's recovering at home. Then in Houston on the 7th of June my brother-in-law fell off a roof (he had a pre-existing problem with his left leg and wasn't supposed to be working)! I went to help him on the 9th and stayed till the 13th, went back on the 15th and he passed on the 17th. Then on June 20 my father in law was preparing for the trip from Brownsville to Dallas and passed away that day! We have been mentally exhausted since! Since mother's day I've spent less than 10 days at home!

Thanks for your prayers

David ~ I'm so sorry to hear about everything you and your family have been going through these past couple of months. I'm sure it seems unbelievable so much could happen so fast. Stay strong and I will keep y'all in my prayers.

Last edited by Jackpot Girl; 07-02-2019, 11:24 AM.
    Lisa Foster
    LSJC Treasurer

Comment

Originally posted by Jackpot Girl View Post
      David ~ I'm so sorry to hear about everything you and your family have been going through these past couple of months. I'm sure it seems unbelievable so much could happen so fast. Stay strong and I will keep y'all in my prayers.

Thank you so much! My brother in law was more of a brother and my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by Brown Mule View Post
        My family could use prayers! To start with my mom fell and broke her femur in Mathis (South Texas)the 11th of may yes, the day before Mothers Day, she was in the hospital for 17 days now she's recovering at home. Then in Houston on the 7th of June my brother-in-law fell off a roof (he had a pre-existing problem with his left leg and wasn't supposed to be working)! I went to help him on the 9th and stayed till the 13th, went back on the 15th and he passed on the 17th. Then on June 20 my father in law was preparing for the trip from Brownsville to Dallas and passed away that day! We have been mentally exhausted since! Since mother's day I've spent less than 10 days at home!

Thanks for your prayers
        That's rough. I know how hard it can be to have life pile a bunch of stuff on your shoulders all at once....back in Nov my Granny (mom's side) passed away, then I was diagnosed with cancer, then my uncle (also mom's side) committed suicide, then my dad got diagnosed with cancer, then my aunt (dad's side) passed from cancer. It sucks and it's emotionally and mentally draining...I got to the point (and I'm still kinda there) where you don't really think about that stuff any more and you just go back to doing your normal routine because if you try to think about it you start getting worn out again. I know the feeling, and if you want to get together and talk offline with someone else that's kinda in the same place let me know.
        Last edited by Bearkat; 07-03-2019, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan W View Post

That's rough. I know how hard it can be to have life pile a bunch of stuff on your shoulders all at once....back in Nov my Granny (mom's side) passed away, then I was diagnosed with cancer, then my uncle (also mom's side) committed suicide, then my dad got diagnosed with cancer, then my aunt (dad's side) passed from cancer. It sucks and it's emotionally and mentally draining...I got to the point (and I'm still kinda there) where you don't really think about that stuff any more and you just go back to doing your normal routine because if you try to think about it you start getting worn out again. I know the feeling, and if you want to get together and talk offline with someone else that's kinda in the same place let me know.
          I'm sorry for all you've been through and are going through, it's a confusing time for sure because it can be a shock when things happen and having both sad feelings because of the passing and in my case, and comfort because the person is no longer suffering from physical and/or emotional pain. My brother in law was my best and only true friend! It wouldn't matter why, when or what I needed I could always trust that he would be there for me, and likewise.
          I pray that you go through the treatment you will go through with cancer, and I pray it was caught early!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackpot Girl View Post

Thank you so much, just knowing people are praying for the family gives us strength to go back to our lives without two family members.

Comment

Prayers to you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty "OLE" Man View Post
                Prayers to you guys.
                Thank you! My Brother in law passed on the 17th then my Father in law on the 20th. Our heads are still spinning.

Comment

This is when you have to trust in the Lord and know that he has plans for you and yours.. I will have our bible study class pray for you and Nathan.

Comment

Originally posted by dboat View Post
                    This is when you have to trust in the Lord and know that he has plans for you and yours.. I will have our bible study class pray for you and Nathan.
                    I appreciate all prayers! My mother in law, sisters in law and wife could use the prayers especially, they are taking this very hard! Thank You very much. GOD Bless.

Comment

Many prayers for you and your family. I am so sorry that it has been such a bad month. (((hugs)))

Darla Ivie aka Obsession
                      Cell: 940-765-3058
                      2015 JKU Rubicon Unlimited - ‘Obsession’
                      2001 TJ - 'Ol' Yeller'

LSJC Event Director, Trail Leader, June '18 JOTM, August '18 JOTM, January '19 JOTM, IG/FB: @jeepjunkie8

Comment

Working...
                      X