Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gecko in McKinney

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gecko in McKinney

    Hola!

    My wife and I recently purchased a 2013 Unlimited Rubicon. We absolutely love it! Had to get rid of our '95 Wrangler several years ago, but we are now back in a Jeep.

    Can't wait to get her dirty with you guys! My Jeep that is!


    Jack Wagon

    Last edited by Jack Wagon; 05-01-2013, 02:34 PM.

  • #2
    Welcome! We have a good number of members in McKinney and the surrounding areas. Every third Wednesday of the month we have a cruise in at the Fuzzy's off of Eldorado, keep an eye out for the next one, I will be posting the thread soon. We also do other get togethers and wrenching days. Hope to see you at some of our events.

    Comment


    • #3
      :welcome

      Comment


      • #4
        Welcome!

        Comment


        • #5
          :welcome

          Comment


          • #6
            Welcome. Love the new Jeep

            Comment


            • #7
              welcome
              "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -- Benjamin Franklin.

              Comment


              • #8
                Welcome!
                2000 TJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas 4.3, 06 Super Duty Diffs, D60/Sterling, ARBs, 5.38, 40” stickies, Weld on beadlocks, PSC full hydro steering, Vanco hydroboost, 16” King coilovers & King bumps, a radio that makes noise & a working Winch.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Welcome, hope to see you around

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. Look forward to meeting all of you.

                    Bounty, please keep me posted on the Fuzzy's cruise in. I'll do my best to make it.

                    On a side note, does anyone have any recommendations on who to use to install a lift? Or better yet, anyone have any experience that can help me do it??? :)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jack Wagon View Post
                      Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. Look forward to meeting all of you.

                      Bounty, please keep me posted on the Fuzzy's cruise in. I'll do my best to make it.

                      On a side note, does anyone have any recommendations on who to use to install a lift? Or better yet, anyone have any experience that can help me do it??? :)
                      Plenty of options out there. Baertrax, Tribe, Texas Trucks. Or just post up when you want to do it and there are plenty of people locally that can help. Uthonda is having a Mod party on June 1st I believe, if you have it by than just come by and we can all help with it. Here is the link to that thread.....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jack Wagon View Post
                        Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. Look forward to meeting all of you.

                        Bounty, please keep me posted on the Fuzzy's cruise in. I'll do my best to make it.

                        On a side note, does anyone have any recommendations on who to use to install a lift? Or better yet, anyone have any experience that can help me do it??? :)
                        I've installed quite a few lifts in my time, but I also bought a 2013 JK - been forewarned that I have to have the dealer install the lift as not to void any warranty. I've searched the net and seem to see this stated multiple times from the various forums. I plan on having my lift installed at Allen Samuels at Alliance (3 miles from the house) - even contacted their service center manager to confirm the warranty question. If you're not worried about possibly voiding your factory warranty, then suggest joining or hosting a WAT (wrench-a-thon).

                        Of course, I could have been lied to by the stealership to get their business, but they have been fairly honest with me - most of them members of other Jeep clubs (e.g. TX JK Owners - whose primary sponsor is the dealership I mentioned above).

                        Hopefully someone else can chime in on this - would be interesting to know as I've only had Used Jeeps in the past and didn't worry about factory warranties.

                        I grew up in McKinney, still have family, so if you still plan to host one, let me know - would be good to meet some other members.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                          I've installed quite a few lifts in my time, but I also bought a 2013 JK - been forewarned that I have to have the dealer install the lift as not to void any warranty. I've searched the net and seem to see this stated multiple times from the various forums. I plan on having my lift installed at Allen Samuels at Alliance (3 miles from the house) - even contacted their service center manager to confirm the warranty question. If you're not worried about possibly voiding your factory warranty, then suggest joining or hosting a WAT (wrench-a-thon).

                          Of course, I could have been lied to by the stealership to get their business, but they have been fairly honest with me - most of them members of other Jeep clubs (e.g. TX JK Owners - whose primary sponsor is the dealership I mentioned above).

                          Hopefully someone else can chime in on this - would be interesting to know as I've only had Used Jeeps in the past and didn't worry about factory warranties.

                          I grew up in McKinney, still have family, so if you still plan to host one, let me know - would be good to meet some other members.
                          Admiral, you bring up a great question. I've heard that you don't want to lift it more than 4 1/2 inches or it voids the warranty, but I've never heard that it has to be done by a Jeep dealership.

                          Does anyone know for sure?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jack Wagon View Post
                            Admiral, you bring up a great question. I've heard that you don't want to lift it more than 4 1/2 inches or it voids the warranty, but I've never heard that it has to be done by a Jeep dealership.

                            Does anyone know for sure?
                            Haven't heard about the 4.5" lift, but probably makes sense as that much usually requires some driveline modifications, and also puts a lot of pressure any remaining stock components.

                            I called again to my service center (Allen Samuells Alliance) and they stated the records go into their 'computers' with the VIN and they can see if the lift was done by a dealership. Of course, they also stated if there is excessive rock rash underneath, they could refuse the warranty work as well - it's typically up to the service manager at that time. Good to get in with them, and the maintainers. I would call up your local dealership, or the salesman you purchased from to get some further information - seems to vary by dealership.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Not sure what kind of bs the dealer is trying to pull but its against the law to void a warranty by installing aftermarket components unless it can be proven that the aftermarket part led to the failure of a stock component. There are a few wheeling friendly jeep dealers out there and some will overlook more than others.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X