Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*edit* Everything AOK! was: Help! In Amarillo, need a trustworthy shop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *edit* Everything AOK! was: Help! In Amarillo, need a trustworthy shop.

Headed out from Tennessee yesterday morning on a two week road trip.

Upon crossing the Texas border I noticed a growling/vibration goming from my transfer case area. The sound/vibe is telegraphing through the TC shifter. I have had a mild vibe there for some time that disappeared when the front driveshaft was removed, so I suspect the front cardan joint.

I left OBM at home. He will be joining me in Arizona on Monday, or we may have to buy a trailer and have him bring the recovery vehicle from TN. That would put the suck on my Jeep road trip.

I'm going to go crawl under it and see if I gan give it a good shake and feel any slop in it. I googled 4WP, nothing in this area.

I need someone out there to steer me to a 4WD place in Amarillo that I can trust.

Thanks folks.

Kate
    Last edited by Kate; 05-29-2009, 11:09 PM. Reason: Problem solved

Fabwright is a shop that I know of. This isn't their type of work per say but they could give you a good recommendation.
    Last edited by UP4ROX; 05-27-2009, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

I googled them, found their website & contact info.

I'll give them a holler.

Comment

Thanks Guys, I have it out at Fabwright.
          Turns out it blew a rear pinion bearing, lots of confetti in there. He's going to get it apart and see if he can salvage the gears. Some of the debris got in between the teeth. Going to just have to wait till he calls tonight.

He seems like a real straight shooter.

Will keep ya'll posted

K.

Oh, and thanks SO much!

Comment

They do some awesome work. I saw some at the Palo Duro Challenge 07

Comment

Originally posted by Kate View Post
              Thanks Guys, I have it out at Fabwright.
              Turns out it blew a rear pinion bearing, lots of confetti in there. He's going to get it apart and see if he can salvage the gears. Some of the debris got in between the teeth. Going to just have to wait till he calls tonight.

He seems like a real straight shooter.

Will keep ya'll posted

K.

Oh, and thanks SO much!
              Glad you stopped in Amarillo. There is Nothing betwen there and Albeqwerky. No I cant spell that name.
              2015 JKUR Red
              2013 JKUR Black SOLD
              2005 LJR Red SOLD
              2004 TJ Silver SOLD
              1993 YJ White SOLD

Comment

The river

why you are in Amarillo, there is a place about 20 miles north of town on hiway 287 north that is an awsome place to go wheeling. It is called the canadian river or "the river" to the locals. It has lots of hill climbs, some thick sand, and always some mud. Carefull of the quick sand though. You can't miss it, just head north and you will come to a bridge that has a big entrance and lots of trails. If you got time, check it out.

Comment

Thanks everyone. We've been talking to Jackie at the shop, h ws telling us about it. Might make a trip there while I'm in town.

Get my rig back tomorrow. PHEW! looks like he was able to salvage my gears, a big relief because I was not able to figure out how I was going to do the right break in on a new set at this particular stage of my trip.

Thanks again!
                  K.

Comment

Got it back this afternoon, runs like a champ.
                    Unfortunately, Jackie tells me I need new rear control arms. It's not something I was expecting to have to do just yet, but was on the long list.

*sigh*
                    Gonna have to save up for some JKS. Man, I need a money tree!

Thanks again everyone.

K.

Comment

Working...
                    X