Jeeper In Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeeper In Iraq

Well I'm new to owning a jeep but not to wheeling with them. My name is Joe and although I am originally from Nebraska I have lived in Texas since 2005. I'm stationed down at Ft. Hood, TX with the 1st Cav Division. Currently deployed to Iraq for about the next year or so, give or take a few months.

But neways onto the jeep. I bought a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon about 4 days before I deployed. I took it straight to Marble Falls for 2 days straight with the dealer tags still in the window. While there I ran into a couple of guys from texasjk.com. These guys showed me what it was all about owning a jeep. I have a grocery list about a mile long of mods I want to my jeep. But I have about a year to do it. If anybody wants to write me or any of us over here while in Iraq feel free. There are several other jeep guys over here that I share my tent with. We'd all love to hear about your latest adventures or just how things in the states are going.

SPC Whiteley Joseph B
    HHC 2-8 CAV
    1st Cavalry Division
    APO AE 09344

Well I think I've rattled on long enough. I'm gonna check out the rest of the forum now. Later

Welcome. Come back often, you can learn a lot here or somedays read a soap opera. Thank you for your service

Comment

Marble Falls is a very cool place! I used to live in Austin and take my 4 wheelers there. I wish i had a jeep at the time to take it there.

Comment

Welcome to lsjc. Lot's of JK's over here too.
        Rusty Kennedy 2015 rubicon, shrockworks mid front bumper, shrockworks back bumper, warn 9.5ti winch, 3" Teraflex lift, 35" KM 2's. Poison Spyder fenders and crusher panels

Comment

Welcome, thank you for your service!

Comment

Welcome. Thank you for everything you do.

Comment

I shall drink an icy cold beer tonight, to thank you for your service.

Welcome
              Ryan

Comment

Welcome to the forum
                Glenn

Red 1985 CJ7 the engine purrs like a po'd kitten, 1st flop Ingrids Revenge, everything held together, its done

''Life's tough ........ it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne

Comment

Welcome and thank you for your service.

Comment

Welcome to the club and thank you for your service to our country. It must be a bummer to get a new 2009 jeep then not get to use it for over a year. But you'll be back soon enough then you can wheel with the best. LSJC.

Comment

Welcome!

In the desert huh? Most folks that go over there love it. Maybe one day I'll get the chance to spend some time over there too. Have fun, stay in good spirits and keep your head down and muzzle down range!!!

Comment

Welcome. God bless you for your service and sacrifices.

Comment

Originally posted by shmoesjk View Post

SPC Whiteley Joseph B
                          HHC 2-8 CAV
                          1st Cavalry Division
                          APO AE 09344
                          Joe-

Pardon my ignorance, but where is HHC 2-8 CAV located?

Bart
                          COB Adder

Comment

Welcome Joe, Thank you for your service to this country! Stay safe and we will see you when you get back.

Jim

Comment

Cool another army guy. I ship 28 May 09 for BCT/OCS at Benning.

David

Comment

Working...
                              X