Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winch Plate Spacing for Fairlead

Hey wiser than I group.....

So, I have this wonderful winch plate that came with my bumper. The problem is, it is not drilled. and neither is the bumper. Not a huge problem, but I need some advise on the spacing that should exist between the fairlead and the spool. It is a standard 10" x 4.5" pattern, I just need to think about where to drill the forward most holes to allow for proper spacing. Any suggestions? Is closer to the spool best?

Thanks guys.

Mine is probably 2" off the face of the winch housing [not spool] to the back of the fairlead.

Comment

Ok so, are you saying the forward most portion of the winch sits about 2 inches away from the fairlead? roughly a 2.25-2.5 inch mark for bolt position.... I have been looking over the real estate the bumper allows, which is not much, and I am finding that I will have about 1.25-1.5" if relief between the outer most housing to the fairlead. I thought that 'looked' about right and had justified its position - marked and wanted to wait to drill until tomorrow (daylight beats flashlight). Thanks Goody. I think I have enough to get this on without screwing myself too much.

Comment

Working...
      X