*** Tonights meeting is cancelled ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** Tonights meeting is cancelled ***

It looks like this snowy weather is going to go on all day. As it gets later in the evening I am sure that the bridges will start to freeze as the temperature drops.

Huffines Jeep - Lewisville has not been able to assure me that they won't close early this evening. I think it is better for us to cancel our meeting early in the day while there is still time to get the notice out.

Yes, I know, we are all Jeepers and that if this was an emergency we could all still get there but...

I would rather cancel and not take the risk that someone gets their Jeep wrecked and/or gets hurt. I know we can handle the snowy icy roads but that doesn't always mean that the other drivers around us can.

We are rescheduling our club meeting to next Thursday night February 18th.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
    Last edited by Brian; 02-11-2010, 12:03 PM.
    Brian Ingle

I wouldn't want to join any club that would have me as a member!

Huffines just called me and said they are closing early tonight.

I may be wrong but I don't there would be a lot of folks out looking at cars tonight.
    Brian Ingle

I wouldn't want to join any club that would have me as a member!

Comment

We could meet at a Sonic and get a discount on Slushies

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
        It looks like this snowy weather is going to go on all day. As it gets later in the evening I am sure that the bridges will start to freeze as the temperature drops.

Huffines Jeep - Lewisville has not been able to assure me that they won't close early this evening. I think it is better for us to cancel our meeting early in the day while there is still time to get the notice out.

Yes, I know, we are all Jeepers and that if this was an emergency we could all still get there but...

I would rather cancel and not take the risk that someone gets their Jeep wrecked and/or gets hurt. I know we can handle the snowy icy roads but that doesn't always mean that the other drivers around us can.

We are rescheduling our club meeting to next Thursday night February 18th.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
        I agree, smart move. See ya next week, hopefully...

Comment

Good Job

I thought about all you Folks today while I was at the Beach in San Diego.

Went walking down there(Mission Beach), Man, it was down to about 70 Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
          I almost had to put on a long Sleeve.

The Roller Coaster Was Closed but there was still a lot of People Watching to do.

I should be able to attend next Week.

I guess Our Patio Umbrella was a Victim of the Storm. It is now in two pieces acording to the Wife.

See everyone next Thursday,
          Greg

Comment

California beaches are always cold and windy even as later as May.

Comment

Bummer I was coming tonight. Dont think Im avail next week...
              2015 JKUR Red
              2013 JKUR Black SOLD
              2005 LJR Red SOLD
              2004 TJ Silver SOLD
              1993 YJ White SOLD

Comment

OK cool i was by there did not see it open so gone on home see you all the 18Th for my 1# time out need some info what i need to join the lsjc :sp_ahhh:

Comment

Originally posted by CHRIS97 View Post
                  OK cool i was by there did not see it open so gone on home see you all the 18Th for my 1# time out need some info what i need to join the lsjc :sp_ahhh:

Go to the top of this page and go to the member shop

Comment

Kinda ironic to me that a "Jeep" club is calling off a meeting because the roads are bad??????

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Candy View Post
                      Kinda ironic to me that a "Jeep" club is calling off a meeting because the roads are bad??????
                      No we did it because the dealership was going to close early.. Wink wink

Comment

Originally posted by nsjeep View Post
                        California beaches are always cold and windy even as later as May.

4 or 5 years ago we were in Palm Springs in August it was 113 degrees. We drove out to Oxnard to meet some friends of mine. We were early so drove to the beach. It was 58 Degrees and chilly with the wind blowing.

Comment

Working...
                        X