X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only In A Jeep
    replied
    WOW I'm only a 1290 so far. Time to go back to work on this thing.

Leave a comment:

• NECROBOT
    replied
    the Necrobot scored 1325, not bad thanks

Leave a comment:

• Mogwai
    replied
    I hope no offense was taken by my comment, you could probably come up with 1,000 different versions of this and manage to find at least one person that disagrees with the scoring for each version :)

I'd like to suggest either revisiting the base values or adding some bonus points to give a little bit more weight to "heritage" Jeeps, like the MB, CJ-2A, CJ-3A, etc... e.g.:

"Heritage" Bonus
    65 years old or older - 100 points
    40 years old or older - 50 points
    Military Designation - 50 points
    Any of the above and wheeled regularly - 25 points

That way a '43 MB that gets wheeled would get 175 bonus points, while a '57 M38A1 that only serves parade duty would only get 100 points.

Also, a 20 point "oddball" bonus... if your Jeep makes people go "really? That's a Jeep???" (e.g. FC's, FJ's, etc.)

Leave a comment:

• Fred
    replied
    Moderators and Executive branch: feel free to add/modify the list as needed.

Leave a comment:

• Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by CJ7nvrstk View Post
    I guess I just have a different mind set when it comes to Jeeps and Jeeping. In no way do I feel that a garden variety soccer mom mall crawler JK Rubicon should have a higher value than say a classic like a 3B. I see way too many of those that never see the dirt but have all the goodies on em yet it's a status symbol and a minivan would be just as if not more useful to the driver. Heck, I don't even see the MB, M151, or Commando listed. Oh well, to each their own I guess.
    CJ7nvrstk:
    I understand you thinking, close to stock is my way also.
    I added the missing models you suggested. You must understand this rating system was developed for those who want rock crawlers... adaptability to big axles, big wheel wells, big engines to turn monster tires.
    Maybe the time for a rating system for stock vehicles is at hand.

Leave a comment:

• cj8larry
    replied
    I'm bored and never did this before. Mine came out to 2170. Kind of surprised.

Larry

Leave a comment:

• MudMan
    replied
    I guess I just have a different mind set when it comes to Jeeps and Jeeping. In no way do I feel that a garden variety soccer mom mall crawler JK Rubicon should have a higher value than say a classic like a 3B. I see way too many of those that never see the dirt but have all the goodies on em yet it's a status symbol and a minivan would be just as if not more useful to the driver. Heck, I don't even see the MB, M151, or Commando listed. Oh well, to each thier own I guess.
    Originally posted by Mogwai View Post
    This. I call shenanigans on any rating system that puts a stock anything over a stock 2A or MB. You can't beat the original.

Then get with Fred and ask him to fix it.

Leave a comment:

• Mogwai
    replied
    I guess I just have a different mind set when it comes to Jeeps and Jeeping. In no way do I feel that a garden variety soccer mom mall crawler JK Rubicon should have a higher value than say a classic like a 3B. I see way too many of those that never see the dirt but have all the goodies on em yet it's a status symbol and a minivan would be just as if not more useful to the driver. Heck, I don't even see the MB, M151, or Commando listed. Oh well, to each thier own I guess.
    This. I call shenanigans on any rating system that puts a stock anything over a stock 2A or MB. You can't beat the original.

Leave a comment:

• CJ7nvrstk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Glucola
    replied
    827 bone stock. :(

Leave a comment:

• Flying M
    replied
    Originally posted by WatchThis View Post
    Got to love the cell phone dubble post.
    Fixed for ya'.

Leave a comment:

• WatchThis
    replied
    Got to love the cell phone dubble post.

Leave a comment:

• WatchThis
    replied
    I came out to 1600.
    Kinda funny that I had to take 15 points away cause of limiting straps. Iv got them set to only about 1/2 inch les then my coilovers.
    To bad theres not anypoints for runing RCV shafts, I have found that they make a huge diffrence when you have your wheels turned full cocked and are trying to crawl up something. SMOOTH no jerking at all.

Leave a comment:

• Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by Cosmos View Post
    I have a long way to go.... 1125 on a DD - need to update the list with 2012 parts etc...
    Cosmos:

Can you start a list of the the latest parts?

Leave a comment:

• Kosmos
    replied
    I have a long way to go.... 1125 on a DD - need to update the list with 2012 parts etc...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X