X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearkat
    replied
    1580 for my JKUR....not bad and I still have more to do.

Leave a comment:

• XJ4IV
    replied
    1525 freaking thing kicked my butt for years! glad I broke the 1000 club!

Leave a comment:

• Da Cooyon
    replied
    905.... My Jeep sux. Guess I can't wheel it any more. ;)

Leave a comment:

• panama red
    replied
    1625 for the cheapest rig in the whole club.

Leave a comment:

• jeepnerwin
    replied
    1200 on the JK

Leave a comment:

• Rolled84
    replied
    1080 on my CJ....need to do a locker in the front and some other things

Leave a comment:

• NVRDUN
    replied
    Our CJ came in at 1,625

Leave a comment:

• Thejudge
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mogwai
    replied
    1060.... Need to add some lockers!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• JVilla112
    replied
    2155 on the tj

Leave a comment:

• JVilla112
    replied
    How about driver points. I can drive anyone's jeep more places than they can. :)

Leave a comment:

• Mogwai
    replied
    I think the problem is there are two things that make an awesome Jeep:

1. Offroad prowess
    2. Historical value

If you're building it hardcore for wheeling, then model shouldn't matter. Instead the value should be based on what kind of suspension it has, how many cylinders, etc, etc.

If you're doing a restoration or mild build on a classic, though, the model is important and things like the MB should far outrank JK's, TJ's, and YJ's.

Leave a comment:

• CJ7nvrstk
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred View Post
    CJ7nvrstk:
    I understand you thinking, close to stock is my way also.
    I added the missing models you suggested. You must understand this rating system was developed for those who want rock crawlers... adaptability to big axles, big wheel wells, big engines to turn monster tires.
    Maybe the time for a rating system for stock vehicles is at hand.
    I see your point somewhat but lets just put some numbers out there and you may see what I'm talking about.

Just a quick figure on a stock JKU Rubi shows 710. Now, it was stated that this was set up with rock crawling in mind. You may see a flaw once the numbers play out.

Lets take a built CJ2a sitting on 35s, V-8, lockers front and rear, full cage, trailered to the trail and I show only 660 with a quick build set up like that. Now, you can't tell me that a stock rubi is more capable on the rocks than the CJ I just described. I know the new JKs are the most capable Jeep ever strait out of the box but a stocker can not and will not be able to follow that built early CJ, even though it does have more points.

BTW, thanks for adding in those other models but I am curious why you gave the MB 140 points. It's certainly closer to the CJ2a in build specs than it is to the M151 or early CJ5.

It's also curious that the CJ8 has the same base points as the JKU yet with it's longer rear overhand actually has more problems on the trail because of it.

Please note, I am merely pointing out a few observations. It's a great starting place and am not trying to stir the pot and certainly do not want to elicit a "Fine, do it yourself if you think you can do better" response. Just notices a few things that don't add up.

Leave a comment:

• V.O
    replied
    Stock 2012 rubi JKU with some tools & recovery gear 1060??

Leave a comment:

• Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by Mogwai View Post
    I hope no offense was taken by my comment, you could probably come up with 1,000 different versions of this and manage to find at least one person that disagrees with the scoring for each version :)

I'd like to suggest either revisiting the base values or adding some bonus points to give a little bit more weight to "heritage" Jeeps, like the MB, CJ-2A, CJ-3A, etc... e.g.:

"Heritage" Bonus
    65 years old or older - 100 points
    40 years old or older - 50 points
    Military Designation - 50 points
    Any of the above and wheeled regularly - 25 points

That way a '43 MB that gets wheeled would get 175 bonus points, while a '57 M38A1 that only serves parade duty would only get 100 points.

Also, a 20 point "oddball" bonus... if your Jeep makes people go "really? That's a Jeep???" (e.g. FC's, FJ's, etc.)

I like your direction Mogwai. The time is nigh for a "STOCKER/near STOCK (using Jeep style factory parts)" rating system that recognizes Jeep heritage. You have a good start going there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X