Testing the waters - 2001 F250 for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing the waters - 2001 F250 for sale

My 2001 F250 XLT 7.3l crew cab 2wd truck is being replaced with a 2020 F350 King Ranch Tremor Edition. I have not decided if I will trade it in, or sell it myself. The body is not perfect. There is a dent in the drivers side cab, behind the rear door (I did that in 2001 and no rust or paint cracking). The passenger side was damaged by a valet parker. Cosmetic dents in the rear door, and bed side. Not pretty, but not horrible. The truck has been maintained meticulously by myself, and got a rebuilt transmission at 200k. The issues aside from dents.... The paint has a spot on the hood that is delaminating, it needs a new windshield, the drivers power window is slow but works, and the interior is not bad, but looks like a well kept, raised 3 kids, 258,000 miles and 19 years of use interior. I actually don't care too much about what I get from the truck, as it is probably a $4,500 piece of equipment, but if anyone in the Jeeping community wants a reliable old tow rig, this is not a bad option. My new truck should arrive around 1/15, and if there is no interest here, I will either trade it in, or let my daughter take it back to Tech to haul some furniture in early January (yes, I send my kids out in it for long trips, it's that reliable) and sell it to some "sod squad" for lawn care later. If anyone wants a reliable, affordable, well maintained, not cosmetically perfect tow rig with gooseneck hitch, this is worth a peek.

Let me know.

Ed

aka Rock Taxi

Ed, I'm interested. I've been shopping for a 3/4 ton for the past 2 weeks. Please shoot me a text at 940-390-6127. I would like to look at it. Thanks, Clint.
    97 TJ, 4 squirrels and the awesome AX-5, Sunray 9" axles, 37" Toyo's.

Comment

GLWTS - ED Nice to see you posting up. I wish all is well with you and your family.

Comment

Hey MudMan! We're all doing great, except some would say that having two jeeps and never going offroad is a problem! :) I trust you're doing well too?

Ed

Comment

Great to hear from you Ed.
          James NVRDUN Foster

83 CJ-7, 4.5 Rubicon Express Suspension, 35" BFG Krawlers, Rancho 9000's, 258 In-line six, T-18, Dana 20 Transfer Case w/Terra Low, 4:56 Gears, SunRay Ford 9 Inch Rear w/Detroit Locker, Dana 30 w/LockRight, Plates \"NVRDUN\" and A Proud Member of The Lone Star Jeep Club

Comment

I got a call from the salesman, and there is a truck that looks like mine on a truck at the dealership. If it is mine, tentative pickup on Tuesday! Looks like the 2001 is going to be traded in.

Very excited!

Ed

Comment

Working...
            X